Talk

Advanced search

Jeans for smallish waist/hips but ample thighs!

(19 Posts)
ElephantMug Fri 21-Nov-14 13:02:49

Can anyone recommend me some jeans that will fit and won't look stupid? I just tried on some M & S size 10 bootcut (I know, but AMPLE THIGHS) that were massively big on the waist and saggy round the crotch but fit properly round the thighs.
So I guess I'd need a size 8 waist with size 10 or12 thighs. I have Next 8s in Boyfriend fit but couldn't hope to fit in 8 slim or skinnies with the thighs. The ample bloody thighs.
Help! I don't care what size they are but I want some jeans that stand a chance of fitting properly. I've never worn skinnies. I'm kind of scared of them.

plasticbanana Fri 21-Nov-14 15:45:45

Have you tried Levi's Bold Curve?

ElephantMug Fri 21-Nov-14 15:57:09

No, thanks, I'll have a look at those!

SorrelForbes Fri 21-Nov-14 16:02:54

I have exactly the same problem. The best I've found to date are Gap High Rise Skinnies, and Frame slim fit and boyfriend fit (fit me like skinnies!).

plasticbanana Fri 21-Nov-14 16:07:33

Yes, Elephant, they are really great. They come in different 'curves' and different leg shapes - skinny, straight etc.
Another, cheaper, curvy jean is the Gap Curvy but this only comes in a bootcut.

Toomanyhouseguests Fri 21-Nov-14 16:14:38

Another vote for Levis Bold Curve.

If you go to the US, you can even get their "Supreme Curve" which is even curvier.

plasticbanana Fri 21-Nov-14 16:21:13

Yes, houseguests I wonder why they are only available in the US? I need them here! Weird isn't it. Are Americans curvier???????

hugoagogo Fri 21-Nov-14 16:29:15

Aren't boot cut supposed to be tight on the thigh?

I have this problem and go for straight cut.

I find sainsburys nice and generous in the thigh area.

cairnterrier Fri 21-Nov-14 16:35:02

I like gap dead straights.

When I was being fitted for my wedding dress, the dressmaker measured my waist and thighs, looked puzzled and said 'yes, there is a bit of a difference isn't there.' smile

Toomanyhouseguests Fri 21-Nov-14 19:32:51

plasticbanana, I think the ethnic/racial mix is different in the US, so there are more women with this curvy body type there.

Brookville Fri 21-Nov-14 20:12:45

Or Levi's Demi-Curve?

ElephantMug Fri 21-Nov-14 22:38:45

Some great ideas, thanks everyone! Now I just need to find time to actually do the shopping...

PeoniesforMissAnnersley Sat 22-Nov-14 02:34:15

I have this issue... I wear very stretchy jeans to try and get round it - more like v thick, good quality jeggings with pockets and buttons etc. will be following these suggestions with interest.

artex Sat 22-Nov-14 03:43:39

Gap Curvy Straight for the win here

TeamEponine Sat 22-Nov-14 05:31:28

Another vote for Gap Curvy!

plasticbanana Sat 22-Nov-14 10:12:27

artex do the Gap Curvy jeans come in straight as well as bootleg? On the website there are only bootlegs.

Stevie77 Sat 22-Nov-14 10:19:13

Try Gap skinny jegging jean, if you want a skinny jean that is. They're generous but tight around the thighs yet fits well on the waist and hip.

Bunbaker Sat 22-Nov-14 10:22:46

I have had Gap curvy straight before, and while the fit is good, they are too low rise for me and cut in across my belly. I prefer the Levi demi curve which are a classic rise.

My other jeans that fit extremely well are from Sainsburys and only cost £14.

inconceivableme Sat 22-Nov-14 10:26:44

Volumising powder by Tresemme or Aveda.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now