Talk

Advanced search

Manchester peeps - where do you get your hair cut?

(11 Posts)
OccamsLadyshave Fri 21-Nov-14 11:46:52

I need a new hairdresser. Would prefer city centre. Prepared to pay!

Fabulassie Fri 21-Nov-14 12:56:02

I go to Pierre Alexandre, which is near Manchester Crown Court/Spinningfields. It's on the pointy square across from the Waitrose, next to The Liar's Club and some bookmakers'. They are always very kind - they will squeeze me in if I wander in on a Friday afternoon. Good customer service. I am pretty simple: I only get my roots coloured and very occasionally a hair cut. A cut and colour is £100. I think I pay £60 for just the colour (roots.) Anyway, it's a fairly fancy-schmancy salon.

SofaCanary Fri 21-Nov-14 13:24:38

Ethos in the Northern Quarter, they know their stuff but the salon has a really laid back vibe, none of the usual pretentious scaredresser bullshine.

Sharon Peake does my hair, cut and colour, she's bloody brilliant!

OccamsLadyshave Fri 21-Nov-14 15:00:41

OK thanks. Ethos look good. Right near work and one in Chorlton too. I'll give them a call.

Perspective21 Fri 21-Nov-14 16:39:55

Toni and Guy, Moseley Street. Been a loyal customer through about 16 years, always great cutting for difficult, thick and coarse red hair. For the last two years I have been having a semi permanent colour applied to my greys. Brilliant salon. There's a range of prices from style director at the top end (years of experience) or a younger, less experienced stylist.

Doobigetta Fri 21-Nov-14 19:50:57

Swoon on Bridge st, just off Deansgate. They are quite pricy- the best part of £60 for a cut and blow- but really good. And the stylists are actual grown-ups, not 20 year olds who want to yammer on inanely about X Factor.

bonhomme Fri 21-Nov-14 22:04:15

Vidal Sassoon are the best in Manchester IMO although pricey.

LakeFlyPie Sat 22-Nov-14 00:42:49

Olivier Morosini on Tib St. He's great and reasonably priced, £40-50 for cut. His colourist Kelly is fantastic too.

ForSaleChesterDraws Sat 22-Nov-14 08:24:36

Another vote for Sharon at Ethos. Bloody great but a bloody nightmare to get an appointment with.

Nils58 Sat 22-Nov-14 11:36:20

Another vote for Olivier Morosini and his fabulous team. My cut and colour on Thursday was just over £80 and worth every penny.

SofaCanary Sat 22-Nov-14 13:00:31

True that ForSale, I generally have to book at least a month in advance!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now