Talk

Advanced search

Black jeggings or comfy skinny jeans - help!

(36 Posts)
Beingfrank Fri 21-Nov-14 08:39:43

I urgently need to replace a dearly loved pair of black jeggings that came from Monsoon. Unfortunately, although they do a very similar pair still, the sizing is all over the shop. - I am a 14, and the 14 is barely any bigger than the 8 (about 2 inches difference on the waist) but the 16 is massively bigger than the 14 (about 4 inches on the waist). I have compared pairs in two different stores now and the results were exactly the same and none of the sizes fit me.

Can anyone recommend an alternative? My previous M&S ones go very baggy at the knees - not enough Lycra I suspect - but this wasn't obvious when I bought them and I don't want to make another mistake!

Taystee Fri 21-Nov-14 08:45:24

I really like the uniqlo one. Extremely comfy and don't go baggy. I've also recently bought a pair of jeans from therapy at house of fraser which are thin soft black denim send high waisted so don't fall down.

SweetTeaVodka Fri 21-Nov-14 09:08:03

I love the Dorothy Perkins skinny jeans and jeggings. My favourite pair at the moment are the high waisted skinnies.

southeastastra Fri 21-Nov-14 09:38:05

I like my gap ones

IrishBloodEnglishHeart Fri 21-Nov-14 09:38:09

I swear by the River Island skinny jeggings (Molly). They don't go baggy like the M&s equivalent and the black doesn't wash out and fade. I live in these.

coffeenut Fri 21-Nov-14 09:53:35

The Uniqlo ones are recommended over and over. My friend was wearing them the other day and they looked fab. They are definitely on my wish-list!

OpenSandwich Fri 21-Nov-14 10:00:43

<whispers>
I am quite pleased with the pair I bought from sainsburys. Washed well so far, and if they only last a few months, well I only paid £14 for them smile

elsbethy Fri 21-Nov-14 10:07:49

<stands behind Sandwich>

I've been wearing a pair of Sainsbury's jeggings constantly the past couple of weeks, and I'm really pleased with them.

purplepowers Fri 21-Nov-14 10:29:19

I have the Dorothy Perkins Eden jeggings which are amazingly comfortable. Lots of people have recommended them on here and I can say that they are all right!

OneLittleLady Fri 21-Nov-14 11:21:28

My current skinnies are from dorothy perkins. I don't usually wear jeans as I struggle to find any to fit both waist and hips but these are the closest i've found and are comfy, don't sag or bag and have kept their colour. Mine were the 2 for £25 ones but I'm really pleased with them

pantsjustpants Fri 21-Nov-14 12:09:14

I wear the Dorothy Perkins jeggings to. I've had lots of pairs. I don't tend to wear proper jeans anymore as they never fit as well.

bluesbaby Fri 21-Nov-14 12:13:34

The levis jeggings are great

NK5BM3 Fri 21-Nov-14 12:14:45

Sainsburys ones are fab!!!

FrownsAndDimples Fri 21-Nov-14 12:28:25

Dorothy Perkins Eden. Love mine.

maybemyrtle Fri 21-Nov-14 12:28:38

Another vote for Uniqlo ultra skinny jeans, but size down. Substantial enough to look like jeans, stretchy enough to feel like jeggings. Long though so be prepared to roll or take them up if you order online (in store they will hem them for you free of charge).

Chandon Fri 21-Nov-14 12:38:21

I love the Dorothy Perkins harper skinnies

99% cotton and comfy and look nice

applecrumbleandcream Fri 21-Nov-14 12:38:27

Dorothy Perkins Eden jeggings in indigo are way better than any others I've tried. They keep their shape and are so comfortable, fab price (especially with all the discounts DP seem to email me on a daily basis). Wouldn't buy any others now.

DeadCert Fri 21-Nov-14 12:39:31

Matalan jeggings, £12 - perfect.

applecrumbleandcream Fri 21-Nov-14 12:40:53

Sorry just seen you're looking for black jeggings, the black ones are fab too smile

Fabulassie Fri 21-Nov-14 12:53:36

I wear Primark super-stretch (or is that super skinny) skinny jeans and I love them. I've had them a long while and they've held up - very soft, very stretchy/hold their shape. Give them a try.

TeenyfTroon Fri 21-Nov-14 12:58:47

Please could someone link to the Uniqlo ones? (And tell me how to pronounce it!)
I will go shopping via Sainsbury's and DPs as I need some too. I have some M&S black jeggings but they're too short. I didn't buy short and I'm only 5'3"!

missmartha Fri 21-Nov-14 13:14:59

Another vote for Sainsburys. Wearing a pair as I type, I have two.I love them.

maybemyrtle Fri 21-Nov-14 13:40:53

www.uniqlo.com/uk/store/clothing/uq/jeans/women/ The Ultra Stretch are the fab ones. I have them in black, grey and blue, and I need to get some of the ankle ones. The high rise are a lighter weight fabric, I didn't like them when I tried them on but ymmv.

Beingfrank Fri 21-Nov-14 13:49:50

Thanks very much everyone. I kept checking your replies while in the shops! No Uniqlo unfortunately. I tried the DP Eden ones, but I wasn't sure. Then I went to River Island and am now proud owner of a pair of Molly jeggings. I was shocked at the price though, didnt realise RI was so pricey - they were more expensive than the Monsoon ones!

TeenyfTroon Fri 21-Nov-14 15:03:31

Thanks myrtle!
How much were they frank?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now