Talk

Advanced search

Is there any way to permanently remove light hair?

(11 Posts)
footyfan Thu 20-Nov-14 21:54:57

The hair on my face is getting out of control. It's really fine, downy hair on my chin and jaw line.

I used to be able to get away with removal cream one a month...then it was once a week... now I'd need to do it every daysad

I've tried the epistick, and that's ok, but doesn't get all of it (I think the hair is too fine). I also can't be arsed to do it every day.

I'd really love to get rid of it permanently. Is it still the case that there's no laser for light hair / light skin?

Kundry Thu 20-Nov-14 22:17:58

For light hair your only option is electrolysis. Takes ages, hurts like hell. Try to ignore the normal downy ones and just go for the longer or thicker ones.

Muchtoomuchtodo Thu 20-Nov-14 22:20:59

I've got this problem too.

I've just been ignoring it but I won't be able to for much longer.

footyfan Thu 20-Nov-14 23:29:41

Thanks Kundry - I'll look into electrolysis. I guess I need to have that done professionally, and can't buy anything to do it at home?

Alibabaandthe40nappies Thu 20-Nov-14 23:39:57

I have heard people say that threading is really good for this kind of hair, would only need doing once a month probably.

footyfan Fri 21-Nov-14 09:43:43

Thanks AliBaba, maybe I'll give that a go before I try electrolysis.

coffeenut Fri 21-Nov-14 09:55:08

would threading take a long time though? I have light hairs that I would love to be permanently removed (hello white blonde chin hair) but every time I look into it, there doesn't seem to be a good option.

SofaCanary Fri 21-Nov-14 13:33:43

I shave it every couple of weeks blush

No, it hasn't grown back thicker or darker.

OneHandFlapping Fri 21-Nov-14 13:55:51

I shave too.

Why not? If there was a better way, men would be doing it. Don't use your leg razor though pinch your DH's get a proper mens' one.

Because the hair is so fine, the stubble is imperceptible. Foundation goes on alo9t smoother afterwards too.

SofaCanary Fri 21-Nov-14 14:11:01

I think the scraping of the blade over the skin actually has an exfoliating effect too. YY to using a decent razor.

Wonder if there are any more closet shavers among us...

footyfan Sat 22-Nov-14 11:41:12

That's really interesting about the shaving. I've thought about it, but worry it will grow back stubbly. (Although I sometimes wish it would go dark, so at least I could get it lasered then!)

Nice to hear it's not true. Definitely sounds like the easiest option.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now