Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Bra intervention for feeding bra desperately needed please!

(10 Posts)
regularbutpanickingabit Thu 20-Nov-14 17:04:32

Help!
I used the bra intervention help from here last year and it totally transformed not just my bras, but my swim wear, my vest tops, my life....

I am now coming to the end of pregnancy and desperately need to get feeding bras. The non-underwired normal bras during pregnancy have been a necessary evil but I am ready for the next stage.

The thing is, I have NO idea what size I am meant to buy now. Absolutely zero. I am 36+2 weeks, induction booked for bang in 39 weeks.

What do I measure? Do I need to go up a size from that in anticipation of the milk coming in?

Help please!!!

puppy123 Thu 20-Nov-14 17:20:23

In my experience buy big! I am two cup sizes bigger breastfeeding than I was in pregnancy and that was 2 sizes bigger than normal! I am big usually and went to Bravissimo who were good, I bought the Panache Sophie ones on the basis they are comfy and the least frumpy ones. You still get boob squeeze though as they fluctuate so much.

regularbutpanickingabit Thu 20-Nov-14 17:32:50

Eek! Ok, so two cup sizes bigger but base the other measurement on where I am now?

regularbutpanickingabit Thu 20-Nov-14 18:09:04

OK, have measured again. At the moment I am 38" around the back and 47.5 at the biggest point when leaning forward at 90 degrees.

I think that means 38GG or H for normal bras. What should I try for feeding bras please?

Thank you!

leedy Thu 20-Nov-14 19:17:04

I wouldn't bother buying anything (particularly anything expensive) until a few weeks in when your size has settled - mine was waaaaaay off the predicted size (bigger). I just wore stretchy "sleep" nursing bras at first.

Once your size is settled, your best bet might be to get normal bras and the conversion kits you can buy online. Ewa Michalak also make a wired feeding bra which is great

As a short term, the Royce Blossom is triple size - they do a G-H size - so might be a good option until you settle

Oh, and, erm...soft cups are NOT a necessity. In pregnancy or when feeding. So long as your wires fit properly and are not resting on breast tissue, they're fine. Ignore the midwife/nurse/random crap online. The reason they're considered a bad idea is because so many people wear the wrong size so the wire is resting on breast tissue which can cause mastitis/blocked duct. If it fits, it's FINE!

Thelovecats Thu 20-Nov-14 21:59:06

Look at bravado here. Bras4mums are good to talk you through sizes over phone. I think that bra comes up big in back size. After 2/3 weeks your size will have settled a fair bit so you can shop for bras for the next few months then.

leedy Thu 20-Nov-14 22:25:04

Yes! I am a big fan of the underwired nursing bra - Anita do a great one (though I'm not sure what size they go up to, I'm only a D/E). As Statistically says, if it fits, it's fine.

BlanketSky Fri 21-Nov-14 00:20:13

the Royce Blossom is great, I'm still wearing them some of the time almost 7 months in. Actually very supportive (g and gg at the start) which surprised me. I bought my usual 32 and extenders which meant I could get more use out of them as my ribs went back (though this time I only went up one back size)

regularbutpanickingabit Fri 21-Nov-14 11:48:02

Fantastic advice. Thanks all!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now