Talk

Advanced search

Medium brown foam hair colour, which one?

(10 Posts)
HaveAGoodDay Thu 20-Nov-14 12:58:49

I colour my hair a medium/dark brown. But either I'm not very good at it or/and it fades out too quickly and nearly always looks patchy!

I don't have greys, not that I can see, but my root hair is quite resistant to colour so I have to use a permanent colour, but still the colours fade after a number if weeks.

I've recently tried superdrugs own colour in a medium brown. It went on quite nicely, the mixture was quite runny, which I initially thought was good as I could massage it all in & get good coverage, but although the colour was/is nice, I can see its still a bit patchy in places.

Anyway so for next time I'm wanting a foam colour. I've tried John frieda before, but they come out quite dark don't they? I'm wanting a medium/dark brown but not black. And I don't want any red or plum tones either. Has anyone tried clairol nice & easy foam one? and what shades? Thanks in advance x

HaveAGoodDay Fri 21-Nov-14 09:43:00

anyone?

chockbic Fri 21-Nov-14 16:45:52

What about this: www.colormask.co.uk/colormask/uk/en/home.html

chipsandpeas Fri 21-Nov-14 20:08:06

i still managed to miss bits with foam as well

i need to do my roots every 3 weeks and noticed the other day that i had a good 2 inches of roots that i had missed the last time i done them luckily it was a t the back of my ear so not noticeable but much prefer normaly dye

fairgame Fri 21-Nov-14 20:14:15

Yes i used to use the clairol foam and it went patchy, it was a mess when i finally went to get it sorted at the hairdressers.
The ends ended up darker than the roots as well even after touching up and following the instructions.

fairgame Fri 21-Nov-14 20:14:48

Oh and it was medium ash brown i used as well.

BobsTaintedLeftLeg Fri 21-Nov-14 21:08:22

Have you used enough dye?

So your hair long or thick ish?

You may need to use two bottles to get enough coverage.

fluffydressinggown Fri 21-Nov-14 21:51:36

I use John Frieda 4BG, it comes out as a dark brown and fades (in a nice way) to a medium brown, I get lots of compliments on it.

HaveAGoodDay Sat 22-Nov-14 17:07:58

Thanks for the replies.

I have quite thickish hair & it's a couple if inches below shoulder length. I usually use 2 boxes of dyes, to make sure I get enough coverage, but I think as time has gone on I'm just getting fed up of doing it myself & becoming more cack-handed at it.

Trouble is although they are permanent dyes they never seem to last! So after 5 weeks or so the colour has faded up & my hair looks wishy washy & dry. And my root hair, although I can't see it as grey (naturally auburn) just seems quite resistant to some dyes, you can literally see it when I apply a colour to my roots, just doesn't take, it's like water of a ducks back! And no matter how long I leave a colour on the root area first then do the lengths, my root area always remains lighter than the rest of my hair, drives me nuts!

I'd go to a salon, but a) the cost & b) not always 100% result.

I do like the shine you get after using nice & easy colour, but I've heard mixed reviews about their foam colours. I wonder if I should go for a darker colour, like the one fluffy said, then it'll take longer to fade up, just scared of it going black! Can't do black! It's darkish now, but just a tad patchy.

LuckySaint Sat 22-Nov-14 18:05:33

I use JF light ash brown and it comes out a nice mid brown on me.
I leave it an extra 10 mins for my greys (on top of what they suggest)
And I use 2 boxes.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now