Talk

Advanced search

non-posh work bag for A4 papers

(10 Posts)
CrappyToy Thu 20-Nov-14 10:45:56

Anyone seen anything nice?

I need to carry around papers and a couple of books but I don't want a full on brief case. Work outfit is kind of smart casual, not formal (visiting people at home).

Criteria:

up to about £70ish
proper fastening, not gaping open.
Soft leather (not stiff) or canvas type.
Slightly bigger than A4 for a couple of pads and books, so I'd say at least 32cm x 23cm.

Any brands I should look at?

Lovage Thu 20-Nov-14 11:05:08

I use a satchel - loads of those around at the moment. Mine is red faux leather and was about £20. If you don't mind faux-leather, you can get polka dots and so on to make it less briefcase-like. Proper leather might be beyond your budget, but you might get lucky.

southeastastra Thu 20-Nov-14 11:07:42

i have a black leather flap over bag from tk maxx to hold folders and files. was about �50 but really good

Laquila Thu 20-Nov-14 11:46:58

I have a lovely big tote bag from Sandwich, which was £49. It's not leather, but it's very convincing faux-leather, and I would challenge anyone to tell just by looking! It's nice and soft too. I think it'd be the ideal size for what you need, and it's nicely casual without looking scruffy. Also, the colour is a sort of cross between grey and blue (I think they call it charcoal), which means it goes well with blue, grey and black.

Laquila Thu 20-Nov-14 11:49:08

www.vivaldiaccessories.com/sandwich-sandwich-large-shopper-charcoal-1451401278-cat-3-subcat-2-product-2072

It's actually nicer than it looks in that picture!

CrappyToy Thu 20-Nov-14 12:19:57

I quite like the look of a satchel, but I hate fannying around with flaps (oo er) (sorry) grin

What make is yours southeastastra ?

That looks really nice Laquila, what's the top fastening like, is it secure from pick-pockets once on your shoulder?

AnythingNotEverything Thu 20-Nov-14 12:22:11

Tk Maxx had Rowallan leather bags recently. Sort of like a magazine bag but with a zip.

Laquila Thu 20-Nov-14 12:23:39

It has a kind of internal drawstring, which tbh I don't use, but it would definitely make it more secure, and once drawn, you could easily tie the toggles together whilst commuting/walking through crowds to help make it harder to get in to.

NeverFreezeLobsters Fri 21-Nov-14 13:28:39

Have a look on Jaeger outlet - their Jennifer bag is about £65 and available in many different colours.
hurry up postman, I want mine

Madaboutthrows Fri 21-Nov-14 19:41:26

Longchamp les pilages would fit your criteria.nylon body and leather handles and flap. Zips up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now