Talk

Advanced search

Want to make a little hamper of natural beauty products for SIL. What do you recommend?

(20 Posts)
u32ng Thu 20-Nov-14 10:42:07

After being pregnant SIL is really into make up and beauty products that are as natural as possible with no weird chemicals in them. so I thought I'd make up a little assortment of products for her for Christmas but am struggling to gauge what is actually chemical free and what gives the impression of being chemical free?

So any brands or specific product recommendations would be much appreciated!

NotTodaySatan Thu 20-Nov-14 10:47:01

Hi smile

I saw your thread and wanted to recommend a product I bought recently. It's this night cream and honestly it's the best moisturiser I've ever owned (I have normal to dry skin). It smells like Jaffa cakes and vanilla/and is just so nourishing.

I didn't want to post it on your thread in case everyone buys it and it sells out grin . I imagine the rest of their range would be just as lovely.

NotTodaySatan Thu 20-Nov-14 10:47:37

Oops!

grin grin

toptrumps1 Thu 20-Nov-14 13:55:54

this is the list of brands our local organic supermarket stock, I'm not an expert and people have different priorities when it comes to this kind of thing e.g. chemical free, or organic, or ethical but hope this helps. I've personally used Dr Hauschka, Weleda and Lavera skin products and they are fab - be careful though, it could get pricey!:

Natracare
Faith in Nature
Helios
Aqua Oleum
Ren
Dr Hauschka
Weleda
Viridian
JĀSÖN®.
Kneipp
Dr Bronner
Avalon Organics
Desert Essence
Green People
Lavera
Urtekram
Savon du Midi
Alba Botanica

toptrumps1 Thu 20-Nov-14 14:02:10

Oh, and I have a feeling Burts Bees might be some kind of ethical/organic/pure, and its available in Boots if that makes it easier to buy!

Rattitude Thu 20-Nov-14 14:11:22

I like Pure Nuff Stuff.

They make lovely products and nice gifts, inc. soaps, little candles. They also sell some of their products (face creams) in sample sizes so these might work well in a hamper.

JamaicanMeCrazy Thu 20-Nov-14 14:25:17

I think you should get her a few months subscription to LoveLula. It's one of those beauty box things that has a mix of fullsize and sample products but they are all natural/organic.

I once won a 3 month subscription and it was lovely smile

PontypineNumber9 Thu 20-Nov-14 20:05:24

Good list of brands toptrumps but most of the ones you mentioned are international. We have so many great british natural brands. I really got into using natural products during my first pregnancy and carried on using them. I would recommend Pai (the comfrey cleanser and rosehip oil are lovely), Ren and Balance Me. All are widely available online.
Oh and also Neals Yard- I particular love the wild rose beauty balm and the bubble bath.
What a lovely present!

FibonacciSeries Thu 20-Nov-14 20:08:53

Soapwalla is awesome (but American)

queenbrunhilda Thu 20-Nov-14 21:12:06

Spotted this

magicgirl74 Thu 20-Nov-14 22:01:20

I second neals yard,they're pricey but smell lovely.

snowgal Thu 20-Nov-14 23:57:42

Yep Neals Yard too. Love the wild rose beauty balm and bath foam. Trying out frankincense nourishing cream at mo which seems good too.

Turquoiseblue Fri 21-Nov-14 05:50:24

I love trilogy range it s certified organic, the rosehip oil is a really lovely treatment for skin and their balm is really nice for hands, I haven't used their night creams but they look nice.

Dr haushka - love their stuff too

What about origins ? Their ginger range is lovely (body scrub/ moisturiser , come to think of it are they still in existence? I haven't seen them for a time...)

BikeRunSki Fri 21-Nov-14 05:57:15

Faith in Nature
Dr HashukA hand cream
Burt's Bees lipsalve
Origins for anything !

BikeRunSki Fri 21-Nov-14 05:58:24

Neals Yard containers are fabulous and very gift-y.

musicalendorphins2 Fri 21-Nov-14 06:31:36

Virgin coconut oil.
Baking soda
Essential Oils
Oatmeal (not steel cut)
Aloe Vera gel.
Cheese cloth
A book on making your own skin and hair care products, such as this one.
Herbs For Natural beauty

AwkwardSquad Fri 21-Nov-14 06:52:22

I think Green People is British, and it's very good. I use their shampoo, and just started using an anti ageing facial oil which is miles better than Trilogy rosehip oil, for my skin anyway. I found the Trilogy one to be very drying, oddly.

BooDidIScareYou Fri 21-Nov-14 07:04:18

this is my friend's brand of lovely all natural stuff....

www.soothe-me.com/

Milmingebag Fri 21-Nov-14 07:52:09

Suma soaps and Beauty without Cruelty. Elysambre.

u32ng Sat 22-Nov-14 22:16:53

Thanks heaps for all your suggestions - got loads of ideas now! And I'll stash some of them for her birthday too...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now