Talk

Advanced search

Blusher and eyeliner tips please

(5 Posts)
mmgirish Thu 20-Nov-14 00:46:35

Hey there,

I don't wear make up very much. Usually just a dusting of mac powder and some mascara. I'm going to try and make more effort.

I would love some recommendations for an everyday blusher that is easy to apply and a going out one please. (I'm Caucasian and freckly)

It would also be great if anyone could tell me about any good eyeliners too. I would need a fairly simple one too.

Cheers!

Fabulassie Thu 20-Nov-14 06:18:51

The simplest liners are pencil, and there's no need to spend a ton on them. Second simplest are felt tip pen styles, and they dry up quickly, so again no need to spend a lot of money. Check out Collection 2000 for either: decent quality for the price.

Blusher can be creamy or powdered, and I think either can be bought cheaply but I think a powder benefits from a proper brush - not the little thing packaged in the compact. Will you wear a foundation?

HellKitty Thu 20-Nov-14 06:29:23

Rimmel Exaggerate pencil, it's soft and twisty up so you don't need a sharpener. It has a sponge at one end if you do want to smudge it above or below. Cream blush is easier than powder, work out whether you need a pink or orange one and go from there.

TallulahTwinkletoes Thu 20-Nov-14 06:29:50

We have the same complexion hmm

I use Barry m blink precision eyeliner. It's liquid but as easy to use as a pencil. 4.99 in Tesco.

My blusher is avon ideal luminous blush in peach. No idea how much but it won't have been much at all.

mmgirish Fri 21-Nov-14 02:56:53

Thanks for the tips!

I don't wear foundation any more as I live in Thailand now and it generally just melts off!

Any tips on where to buy a good blusher brush. (I have in laws coming out at Christmas and plan to have things delivered to them to bring out to me)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now