Talk

Advanced search

URGENT HELP PLEASE

(12 Posts)
mootime Wed 19-Nov-14 20:42:34

Have name changed as I may pop a picture up.. DS christening on sunday and I have nothing to wear. I went to jigsaw today and bought two options, both of which I am unconvinced by this evening.
I'm a size 14/ 16 with 34H bust, blonde bobbed hair and decentish legs. am 5ft 6.

I bought a two tone red dress red dress which in retrospect makes me look enormous.. I also boost a scarf to go with it as I thought it helped, but it doesn't.
I then bought this skirt, but I can't find a top to go with it blue skirt

I had really wanted to loose some weight, but I haven't as the baby has been ill and I have been lazy..
To be honest, I am probably going to take all of the above back, but then I have nothing to wear at all.

Someone please help...

guineapig1 Wed 19-Nov-14 20:50:13

Have you tried Pepperberry? I am a similarity shape to you and also have a fair bit of baby weight to lose. Recently bought a couple of pieces from Pepperberry for a wedding and work events. They are not everyone's cup of tea but I thought they were all quite flattering on my big boobs and ample curves!

mirpuppet Wed 19-Nov-14 20:59:22

Take back the skirt -- it will become an orphan as you don't have a top to wear with it.

I like the dress.

mirpuppet Wed 19-Nov-14 21:02:48

By the way I like the top that comes with the skirt. Any reason you didn't buy the top?

mootime Wed 19-Nov-14 21:09:07

Weirldy my name change didn't work!
Oh well. I didn't get the top as its out of stock in my size. I really like the dress, just not on me..
Off to look at pepper berry

Maidupmum Wed 19-Nov-14 21:10:43

I'm similar in shape to you but I wouldn't wear that dress - boobs like ours need shape & shapeless dresses like that make us look pregnant grin I second Pepperberry

EssexMummy123 Wed 19-Nov-14 21:11:08

I think you should check out Pepperberry as well.

tigerdriverII Wed 19-Nov-14 21:28:29

I think the dress is lovely. No scarf though, needs to be simple. I'm a similar shape to you and would wear it, definitely. I'm afraid I don't like the skirt.

mootime Wed 19-Nov-14 21:29:36

Arg, I can see that things may be more flattering, but I can't see anything suitable for a christening...
I'm in full on panic mode now.

mootime Sun 23-Nov-14 19:17:07

Finally went with this. Not that "christening" like, but I felt glam and will wear it constantly.

mootime Sun 23-Nov-14 19:17:36

green dress

TooSpotty Sun 23-Nov-14 19:26:18

That is gorgeous. I want it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now