Talk

Advanced search

Can an adult wear these boots?

(6 Posts)
JumpJockey Wed 19-Nov-14 20:25:33

Boots from Clarks, I've got size 5 feet and they had them in stock in my local shop. Look pretty cool. Is it wrong for an adult to wear kids shoes? Would I be a social outcast if I and one of DD's mates wore the same boots? They also come in a rather fab silver with sparkly top half...

www.clarks.co.uk/p/26102392

BikeRunSki Wed 19-Nov-14 20:27:24

I think they'd look fine on an adult, but as Clark's children's shoes I wouldn't count on them lasting very long.

Deedeecupcake Wed 19-Nov-14 20:41:27

I have size five feet and I buy a lot of my shoes from the kids section. My sandals especially for some strange reason. Cost way less as well!

JumpJockey Wed 19-Nov-14 20:51:21

Fair point BikeRunSki, but I do climb fewer trees / run around like a loon a lot less than DD!

TheAlias Wed 19-Nov-14 21:11:24

I don't understand all the criticism that Clarks kids shoes get. I have never in my life owned a pair of smart shoes that will take the kind of punishment DSs' school shoes take and I have never had to replace shoes that weren't outgrown. School shoes typically last a year now their growth has slowed a bit.

I like the boots. I often lament the fact that I have size 7 feet and can't wear kids shoes.

BikeRunSki Thu 20-Nov-14 20:03:34

TheAlias I am only speaking from experience. Dd's last two pairs of Clarks have looked awful within a fortnight and were becoming unstitched, velcro pulling off, rubber sole peeling away etc within a month. Given that she still uses a pushchair, we take shoes off when we come in and she wears Crocs at nursery, then they really had not had much wear!

I have had much better experience with Geox and StarRite for both ds and ds.

I have wide size 8 and have bought children's shoes for me from Next, M&S and Boden.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now