Talk

Advanced search

Glasses frames for small face (teens range?)

(12 Posts)
Lovage Wed 19-Nov-14 17:39:31

I have a small face, so need small glasses frames (if I wear normal sized ones, my eyes aren't in the middle and I look cross-eyed). For the last million years I have worn Specsavers teenagers range but a) I'm bored with all the (limited) options and b) I wouldn't mind spending a bit more, since I wear them the whole time and think some really good glasses would pay dividends.

Does anyone happen to know a stylish range of small-face or teenage glasses? I'd want to try them on before buying, but just the frame to try would be fine. And I could do a special trip to e.g. London if necessary.

Catsmamma Wed 19-Nov-14 17:43:48

Roxy frames are fairly neat and some John Rocha and Karen Millen

Main problem now is that Geek Chique is in they are all giant!

cardoon Wed 19-Nov-14 18:36:49

I have just got these things of beauty, ideal for a small face. Tried them on in Black and Lizars but bought them online saving about £150! Love them - so neat and comfy.

I've just got these which I absolutely love, and these which I'm less sure about. Bargain too!

Except you didn't want Specsavers!

RipMacWinkle Wed 19-Nov-14 18:43:09

I think it's just worth going round and trying loads of styles and makes. I'm currently wearing a square-ish pair of Prada glasses (bought in the sale!) and they're fab on my small face. They're something like this but in a brown colour.

Prada

Stokes Wed 19-Nov-14 18:44:38

All of my glasses used to be the specsavers teen range. Now they're all missoni, also from specsavers.

Lovage Wed 19-Nov-14 20:14:53

Thanks - some useful leads there. I'm not averse to Specsavers, they are often excellently stylish for the amount of money! I'd just like to widen my search a little.

My experience of going round trying loads of styles though is always discouraging - trying loads on, all of which are too big, and I lose the will to shop.

Floisme Wed 19-Nov-14 20:33:05

I have a small face and I've had two pairs from Face a Face which I've been very happy with. My optician doesn't always stock them but he can get them in if I see some on the website that I like.

www.faceaface-paris.com/

They're not cheap but as you say, when you wear them every waking moment.....

Bunbaker Wed 19-Nov-14 20:37:43

I have the same problem and have bought my last few pairs at Boots because they seem to have a wider range of frames for small heads.

phinz Thu 20-Nov-14 11:51:55

Dior glasses have a small fit. I struggle to find glasses that fit and I did the rounds of the opticians a few months ago and Dior was the best fit I found.

MilkThistle187 Thu 20-Nov-14 12:00:20

I have a small face and have this problem. My current glasses are Face a Face and Tom Ford which are a great fit

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now