Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Skincare advice whilst I get through the acne phase on new Mirena coil

(4 Posts)
splodgeness Wed 19-Nov-14 12:07:43

So I have had the Mirena put in two weeks ago and already I have spots appearing around my chin. Obviously I want to give it a while to settle down, and seriously am hoping this goes away, and is just a phase, although I know for some people it can be terrible.

So my question is what is the best way to care for my skin whilst I go through (what I hope is) this phase?

At the moment I use a facial wash most days or facial wash a few times a week in the morning, then moisturise. In the evening double cleanse with Liz Earl (using the hessian cloth to exfoliate), then Neals Yard serum.

I am wondering if I need to change my routine. My skin feels very greasy. I wonder if the scrubs would make it worse. Any advice on the best way to handle things whilst I go through this period.

Nabootique Wed 19-Nov-14 13:04:03

I double cleanse and acid tone and all that jazz, but the thing I find the best for spots is a facial oil. I use the Boots Botanics one morning and evening, maybe twice in the evening over a specific spot and it clears it up so quickly! Took me a while to get used to the idea of applying oil to spots but you give it a good rubbing and it's not greasy at all.

avagosling Wed 19-Nov-14 13:37:00

Definitely try evening primrose oil and chaste tree tincture, great for hormone balancing.
For skin care I'd go for oil cleansing method

splodgeness Wed 19-Nov-14 17:14:23

Thanks. I wouldn't have thought to apply oil to spots, will give that one a try. Also I used to take EPO, think I might have some at the back of the cupboard.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now