Talk

Advanced search

What shoes??

(10 Posts)
MildredH Tue 18-Nov-14 21:24:13

Sorry if this has been done before..

Fairly new mum, mid 30's so the social life has really changed from big dressed up nights out to dinner/ pub dates with friends/ husband.

I have a few go-to outfits mostly skinny jeans with nude/ neutral colour Mint Velvet tops and a long necklace. I used to wear nude heels with this but this feels so overdressed for the village pub or Pizza express..

So- my question is- WHAT shoes can i replace them with? What do people generally wear? I have ankle boots but tend to wear them day in day out and would like to be a little bit dressier in the evening. Ideally a heel..

(I've tried Ash Jalouse boots and sadly they are just not right and are sitting waiting to go on ebay!)

MildredH Tue 18-Nov-14 23:29:35

Sooo after an intensive two hour googling session I've come up with these:

http://www.ninewest.co.uk/courts-collection/flax-26.html

Still feel a little too dressy but my patent nude heels are a bit past it I think..

How do I have so little idea? I almost feel like heading out to pubs/ restaurants for a research mission!!

HappyGirlNow Wed 19-Nov-14 07:50:22

These?

hellsbellsmelons Wed 19-Nov-14 10:26:25

Something like THESE
Or OASIS HERE
SHOE BOOT

MildredH Wed 19-Nov-14 12:32:09

Thanks both.. The difficulty I had with the boots was in part the whole "tucking in" issue.. As my skinnies are usually too long and thus rolled up.

Thanks for the suggestions. Not sure I could go a shoe boot.. But maybe the ankle boot..

I have ordered a pair of mint velvet skinny jeans in a short length so may solve the problem.

HappyGirlNow Wed 19-Nov-14 14:20:33

Yes I always get ones that just reach the ankle.. Easier with boots.

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Wed 19-Nov-14 15:57:07

I like the Oasis shoe boots - I don't like the gap between trouser and shoe though, I think full length skinnies best with them.

M and S usually good for shoe boots plus they're comfy which at your age is important wink

Suede cross panel
Ruched

burnishedsilver Wed 19-Nov-14 19:14:13

I just bought these in Mango. They are just high enough for casual evening. I love them with my skinny jeans, also from mint velvet (like most of my wardrobe).

burnishedsilver Wed 19-Nov-14 19:17:06

I think my link is to the disgusting brown colour.....I bought the black not the brown.

MildredH Wed 19-Nov-14 20:48:17

Thanks burnished- I really like those.. I have high hopes for the short length skinnies which should arrive tomo.

(As an aside I got sent a MV code for 15% off with free postage. Code Winter15.)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now