Talk

Advanced search

Sequinned trousers - what top half?

(9 Posts)
JoanDarc Tue 18-Nov-14 21:00:10

I know they may not be everyone's cup of tea, but having tried them one have fallen in love with my new H$M sequinned trousers. They are a kind of dull sequin so not obviously bling and sparkly and I think a lovely alternative to full on party dresses for Christmas nights out.
Link tablet.hm.com/gb/product/47573?article=47573-A
I am thinking black top half, have a lovely fitted zara tuxedo style blazer that will work but can't see a top that works. Ideally would love something hip length but not longer and elbow length. haven't seen anything though and the only thing I do like is perhaps too much with these full on trousers.
Mango top shop.mango.com/GB/p0/women/clothing/t-shirts-and-tops/premium---asymmetric-strap-top/?id=31069020_02&n=1&s=prendas&ident=0__0_1416343171197&ts=1416343171197
Is it too strappy and revealing with full on trousers? Am I becoming too prudish in my old age??!
So black top suggestions much appreciated.
I am 36, pale, blonde, 5'8" size 8
TIA.

jalopyjane Tue 18-Nov-14 21:09:19

You might get some ideas here. I love the French Connection outfit, and the trousers look similar to yours.

jalopyjane Tue 18-Nov-14 21:12:56

*the second FC outfit with the black top

EldonAve Tue 18-Nov-14 21:37:55

www.hm.com/gb/product/31276?article=31276-C&fromSearch=black%20v%20neck&cm_vc=SEARCH

tethersend Tue 18-Nov-14 21:48:32

All saints

and again

cos

Other stories

Valsoldknickers Tue 18-Nov-14 21:51:09

The trousers and top (with the blazer you describe) look amazing. As a size 8 you can get away with anything! envy

The top is beautiful, not revealing in any way.

I have a Mint Velvet tee with sequins on the sleeves which are scratchy. Hope your trousers are more comfortable grin

Valsoldknickers Tue 18-Nov-14 21:54:02

Tethers if I ever win the Euromillions and come to the UK to shop please would you consider being my stylist / personal shopper?!

JoanDarc Tue 18-Nov-14 22:11:38

Thanks Everyone!
jalopy, I had seen the DMBL40 had blogged on sequins, didn't see any inspiration though for styling and the trousers linked to are a more relaxed fit the ones I have are a more skinny 7/8 crop.
Eldon - thanks I think the top is lovely but prefer a slash neck or unusual neck feature instead of a V.
Tethers - I LOVED both the all saints, totally the look I love. I never ever look in there but as am considering a more grown up buy less pay more (if necessary) way of shopping I should be able to justify it on cost per wear. I fell in love with this top too, more for my coated black skinny ankle zip jeans than the sequinned trousers. But £188!! Do you know if they ever do sales/discounts? I don't need til mid December.

www.allsaints.com/women/tops/allsaints-scarlett-vest/?colour=5&category=115

Val - the trousers are fine on, just bloody difficult to get my huge size 7 feet through the ankle gap, which has no give in it. This is only after trying on though, ask me again after a night out!

tethersend Tue 18-Nov-14 22:50:47

Val, in a heartbeat grin

No idea about all saints sales, sorry. I know they do them. But don't know when or how hefty the discounts are. They might have an outlet store somewhere?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now