Talk

Advanced search

Help finding shoes and a coat to go with my dress please!

(6 Posts)
LegoClone Tue 18-Nov-14 14:14:55

I'm going to a black tie do next month (first one I've been to in years!) and I've found a dress:

www.johnlewis.com/john-lewis-sleeveless-jersey-dress-navy/p827320?colour=Navy

and now I need to find shoes and some kind of coat (I will have a short walk from the hotel we're staying in to the venue, although if it's raining we'll be getting a taxi!)

Shoe-wise I can't manage ridiculously high heels as I'm massively out of practice. Coat-wise I have absolutely no idea what will work. Any ideas/reasonably priced suggestions will be very gratefully received!

LadyRubyPenhaligon Tue 18-Nov-14 14:19:17

Hmm it's a shame you said that about the heels as was about to recommend the whistles french 65 heels in navy patent lots left in store and coat wise I would go with this from warehouse plus a silver sparkly bag.

Twinklestein Tue 18-Nov-14 15:39:30

I would get a taxi and wear a shrug

LegoClone Tue 18-Nov-14 21:39:49

Thanks for your ideas. I do love the look of those patent navy heels but they are definitely outside my comfort zone! Tempted to try them anyway...

The coat looks great. Not so sure it will look as good on me (size 14/16) but if I don't spot anything else trawling the web tonight I'm going to order it and find out. grin

I was very tempted by the cream shrug when I got the dress but I really want the option of walking rather than getting a taxi as it will be a lot less hassle.

LadyRubyPenhaligon Tue 18-Nov-14 22:20:31

Lego if you order it there is 20% off if you pay by paypal using code WHPAYPAL20

LadyRubyPenhaligon Tue 18-Nov-14 22:22:06

Also whistles customer service are v good and will track those shoes down and they post out for £5.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now