Talk

Advanced search

anyone else having modesty issues with vest tops?!

(8 Posts)
Chalalala Tue 18-Nov-14 10:27:11

I've always had the same issue with them, no matter the brand. And I've been buying them in various shops/countries/styles for 15+ years now.

The ALL seem to ride to low/have overly long straps, and expose the top of my bras.

Is it just me?! Am I freakishly built?!

It's just so annoying, because they're a wardrobe staple and I really need to wear layers! I have rather large boobs, so without vests it's impossible to wear v-necks or wrap dresses.

/rant over

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Tue 18-Nov-14 11:08:29

You need adjustable strap ones! Primark do great longline stretch cotton ones with thin adjustable straps for about £2.

Chalalala Tue 18-Nov-14 11:19:50

thank you for the tip!!!!!!

Chalalala Tue 18-Nov-14 11:31:38

damn, can't find much online, and never saw them in my local store :-/

Hopefully Tue 18-Nov-14 11:37:50

H&M do ones with adjustable straps too. My sister is short from her armpit to the top of her head, iykwim, and always needs to have the straps really short.

If you're only wearing them under things you could also put a tuck in the straps if your existing vests and sew them into place with a few stitches - doesn't need to be fancy if they won't be seen.

velourvoyageur Tue 18-Nov-14 12:29:34

I got my best ever ones from Forever 21 and they were cheap too- 3.99 or thereabouts.

I also have some from Zara and all bar one have been great.

I could never wear them in my teens....think finding the right bras finally helped. They're so versatile, glad I persevered ;)

TheHappinessTrap Tue 18-Nov-14 16:38:27

I know what you mean! I only by them anymore to make layers below my tops and sweaters. I can't wear one on its own and I have a medium to long body.

pantsjustpants Tue 18-Nov-14 16:44:20

I'm a big fan of the Primark ones too. They go under everything.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now