Talk

Advanced search

Can I use glycolic acid products while breastfeeding?

(5 Posts)
Mariposa1 Mon 17-Nov-14 13:45:41

Sorry, not sure if this should go in here or in the 'feeding' section, but I've just bought Superdrug's 'Glycolic Overnight Peel' after hearing good things about it and I'm wondering if it's safe to use while breastfeeding?

Googling seems to suggest it's ok, but I'd very grateful for a definitive answer.

Thanks in advance.

Fabulassie Mon 17-Nov-14 14:43:04

Well, we can't give a "definitive" answer.... But I wouldn't worry. All it does is lightly remove dead skin. It won't get into your bloodstream or anything.

OttiliaVonBCup Mon 17-Nov-14 14:50:35

What do you think it's going to happen?

whatshallwedo Mon 17-Nov-14 17:26:48

I have been wondering the exact same thing! I read online somewhere that you shouldn't use it whilst bf but I can't find it again. Does the peel come with an instruction leaflet?

Mariposa1 Mon 17-Nov-14 17:49:52

I'm not sure what I think will happen really, it's just that someone told me to avoid salicylic acid (although I think that's to do with it being similar to aspirin? I'm really not very knowledgable about this stuff) so I guess I'm wondering if I need to avoid this too.

whatshallwedo no it doesn't come with instructions unfortunately!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now