Talk

Advanced search

Cotton opaques - where to buy

(10 Posts)
Warrenwarm Mon 17-Nov-14 07:55:43

I have some great M&S cotton opaques but they are only available in grey (well, and black but I don't wear black). Where else is good for other colours, I need navy, burgandy etc? I want plain or perhaps with a cable in. M&S Large are perfect, generally one size tights I find are too small. Are White Stuff any good? Are Boden any good (££)? Need to be able to buy online.

Eliza22 Mon 17-Nov-14 08:44:17

I buy whitestuff cotton tights. Have tried others but keep going back to them. I have grey, burgundy and grey plain ones. £12.50 I think.

Warrenwarm Mon 17-Nov-14 09:33:06

Some of the WS reviews suggest they are huge in the behind. Is that true (my behind fairly huge anyway......)

msfreud Mon 17-Nov-14 11:39:59

I have some WS ones too. I get their S/M, am generally 10/12 and M in M&S tights.

Eliza22 Mon 17-Nov-14 15:30:10

I'm a curvaceous lady and I buy their small/medium which are plenty big enough. They do wash and wear well and last forever. No itching either!

Warrenwarm Mon 17-Nov-14 16:08:24

No itching, thank goodness, I have no tolerance for that. But confused re sizes. I am a normally a WS 14 (one or two 16's) and just over 5ft 7 so would assume I need the large. However they seem to changed from S/M & M/L to S, M, L and now the Large are VERY large.

HomeyIDrankTheBeer Mon 17-Nov-14 16:14:35

I got some cotton feel ones from Tesco at the weekend, I'll pop upstairs and check the cotton content when I get a minute. They are nice, I got navy and burgundy in size L...I'll see if they're on the website.

HomeyIDrankTheBeer Mon 17-Nov-14 16:32:51

www.clothingattesco.com/socks+tights/f+f-knitted-100-denier-tights/invt/ch421143

Those are the burgundy, navy also on there if you search for cotton tights. 68% cotton. Not sure how they compare to your m and s ones!

Warrenwarm Mon 17-Nov-14 19:37:16

Honey, they look great, I don't live near a Supermarket that sells clothes so it never occurred to me to look at Tesco. I have given some John Lewis ones a go today but might try those Tesco ones, not too much to spend if they don't suit.

TweenageAngst Mon 17-Nov-14 19:40:32

I get tights from Falke. They are expensive but last for ages and never go baggy.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now