Talk

Advanced search

Nice, grippy shoes

(8 Posts)
AlisonOrdnung Mon 17-Nov-14 07:50:26

I'm looking for some nice practical shoes for the winter. The pavement outside my house is like an ice rink though, so I need good grips! Does anyone have any recommendations? I do a lot of walking about and cycling so they need to be flats, and waterproof (I live in NW England and it rains a lot). Thank you very much in advance!

burnishedsilver Mon 17-Nov-14 08:20:38

For grips DMs are the first thing that spring to mind.

Billingsgatedoxy Mon 17-Nov-14 08:26:57

Dd has just bought some brogues from Ecco for school. They were eye wateringly expensive but are apparently on fashion and, amazingly for school shoes, have a fantastic sole.

Apparently they also feel like she's walking on a cloud. So, that's good then!

Billingsgatedoxy Mon 17-Nov-14 09:14:55

Sorry, have just realised this sounds as though I'm recommending you buy school shoes- what I meant was Ecco do really nice shoes with good grip and for women as well as girls!

Floisme Mon 17-Nov-14 09:20:29

I don't go looking for shoes/boots with grips but I take them to a cobblers in winter and get a grippier sole put on. It's annoying but at least it means I have a wider choice when I'm shopping.

msfreud Mon 17-Nov-14 11:37:25

Dr Martens are definitely the best for grippy soles and seem to fit your other requirements too.

Plockplock Mon 17-Nov-14 11:41:31

Have you considered getting some Yaktrax? These are the only things that keep me upright when it's icy.

Yaktrax

Murinea Mon 17-Nov-14 15:24:05

I second the Ecco recommendation! I have a pair - with good grip, waterproof, warm, light, comfortable...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now