Talk

Advanced search

Clothing alterations

(5 Posts)
PhoebeMcPeePee Sun 16-Nov-14 23:28:39

I've recently lost 3 stone & have a very sparse wardrobe so was wondering whether it would be possible to have some of my (decent) bigger clothes altered?

I've got a wool coat, cocktail dress (50's prom style that I'd also like shortened) and I'm guessing not but jeans & a leather jacket would be great too! Most will need dropping 2 dress sizes.

redredread Sun 16-Nov-14 23:58:48

Well done on your weight loss. I'm in London, and have just taken a coat to be altered. It's not cheap (£32 for the side seams alone, though it's fully lined, which makes it more pricey) but is doable. I also went somewhere quite high end, as the coat is a vintage one with sentimental value, so other places may be cheaper.

coffeenut Mon 17-Nov-14 08:30:21

It isn't cheap ... & I'm guessing you may suit different styles now too? I'd be more inclined to go shopping and buy new jeans and jackets, dresses and coat. Well done on your weightloss, that's phenomenal!

burnishedsilver Mon 17-Nov-14 09:05:10

Its possible to do it with all of your clothes but its really only worth doing the things you love.

Well done smile

TexanKenDoll Mon 17-Nov-14 09:17:47

Most definitely. I'm very fussy about fit and have pretty much everything altered, even my clothes for the gym on occasion! I think it also makes clothes look more expensive if they fit entirely correctly and you feel much more comfortable in a way.

I'm in London and have a wonderful lady who is extremely reasonable in price. If you'd like her details, please PM me. I've tried various places and whilst the place where she works isn't salubrious, she's a HK trained tailor and dress maker. She's far better than some of the expensive places you'll find on google.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now