Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Crows feet / laughter lines

(29 Posts)
spottymoo Sun 16-Nov-14 20:45:12

At the age of 34 it seems I have started getting crows feet at the side of my eyes and as I wear glasses I feel it magnifies them. Suggestions as to the best product I can use to either disguise them or make them disappear. Don't have a huge budget though.

Iggly Sun 16-Nov-14 20:46:38

Just embrace them? And drink loads of water.

Bunbaker Sun 16-Nov-14 20:48:09

I agree with Iggly. Embrace them. They are far nicer than frown lines.

JoanHickson Sun 16-Nov-14 20:48:34

That's life people age.

SofaCanary Sun 16-Nov-14 20:56:29

Botox wink

SoMuchForSubtlety Sun 16-Nov-14 21:52:11

Mine relaxed a bit after years of prolific use of rosehip oil, but they're still there. Best just to embrace it I think, ageing is inevitable even for those with huge plastic surgery budgets.

BotoxBitch Sun 16-Nov-14 22:34:37

I'm obviously gonna say Botox... At your age they would disappeargrin

Floisme Mon 17-Nov-14 07:07:43

What on earth is wrong with laughter lines?

Mmeh Mon 17-Nov-14 07:23:27

IME Botox doesn't look great in that area... It works brilliantly for frown lines but on crows feet it reduces all the lines into one unnatural looking crease... I think it's a lot more detectable too. it looks odd when women of a certain age don't have any crinkles when they laugh.

Botox is great for many things but hiding laughter lines is not its greatest benefit.

specialsubject Mon 17-Nov-14 12:28:18

surgery or botox - be aware the latter doesn't work on anyone.

or accept that it is wrinkles or early death, and decide which you prefer.

WreckTheHalls Mon 17-Nov-14 12:32:44

I'll swap you your crows feet for my bags grin

I don't have a single crows foot (?), but my bags are getting really bad all of a sudden, which is much worse. People with laughter lines look happy. Bags just make you look like a tired old boot sad

Floisme Mon 17-Nov-14 12:59:12

Wreck, I'll swop you those bags for my jowls grin

Ladyfoxglove Mon 17-Nov-14 13:58:44

Botox will fix them but won't look natural.

ThatBloodyWoman Mon 17-Nov-14 14:01:33

Laughter lines are beautiful.

Shenton Mon 17-Nov-14 14:02:41

My Botox looks natural ... Wish I'd done it years who instead of wasting money on stupid creams

Floisme Mon 17-Nov-14 14:04:20

I agree about stupid creams but why does anyone want to 'fix' laughter lines?

Shenton Mon 17-Nov-14 14:30:03

They made me look too old ... I've had a shit two years and looked ten years older than I am ... They weren't he result of any laughter unfortunately

Floisme Mon 17-Nov-14 14:32:18

Sorry to hear that.

Fabulassie Mon 17-Nov-14 17:29:43

Botox doesn't have to look unnatural. However, it's best for 11's lines and a little less useful for crows' feet. I assure you that my botox does not look unnatural.

Retin A, a cream available from dermatologists (by prescription) actually does work on wrinkles. I hear it's the only ingredient that does (although some other ingredients will work on very superficial lines to a limited degree - either by removing dry skin that makes lines look worse than they are or by introducing moisture into the skin and plumping it somewhat.)

prettywhiteguitar Mon 17-Nov-14 17:37:02

I love frankincense hydrating cream from Neal's yard £24.00 and Kiel's eye cream. The Kiel's face cream is great but about £50.00.

I'm 36 and I think it made a difference in hydrating my skin. As soon as you stop using creams the effect wears off but I think I just want to soften my lines and not look dry than halt the ageing process.

ShakeYourTailFeathers Mon 17-Nov-14 17:42:42

You might think your specs magnify them, but in fact they actually do a fab job of covering them up grin

I think crinkly eyes are lovely.

BotoxBitch Mon 17-Nov-14 19:43:42

Botox doesn't look unnatural! Not if done by the right practitioner. I think at your age it would probably get rid if them completely, if you let me know which area your in I can recommend someone

meljnlondon Tue 18-Nov-14 20:59:27

Kiehls avocado eye cream - £20!
Don't let the rep talk you into the more expensive one... This little baby is the business (and I have tried a lot of eye creams from clinique to chanel).
I also really rate using a face oil or balm. I adore One Love Organics but just wish the UK prices weren't so much more than in US...
Of course we should embrace our little lines - I moisturise them and then embrace them ;-)

spottymoo Tue 18-Nov-14 21:10:58

I not quite ready to embrace them smile
But would never go down the Botox route it gives me the shivers dd had it in her legs medical rather than cosmetic reasons and the thought makes me shiver.
I'll look into the cream that have recommended thank you grin

EmilyGilmore Tue 18-Nov-14 22:09:15

I had a facial recently. The therapist advised me to massage grape seed oil or coconut oil around the area for 5 mins every night to fade fine lines by morning.

I haven't done it yet but happy to share the tip.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now