Talk

Advanced search

Trousers for tall skinny 3-year-old DD?

(12 Posts)
BabCNesbitt Sun 16-Nov-14 18:00:47

Just that, really. Her ankles are poking out of the bottom of her 2-3 jeans (she's just turned 3) but they still tend to be a bit baggy around the waist. What are the best brands for skinny kids?

OpposableThumbs Sun 16-Nov-14 18:09:06

I find H&M the best for my tall skinny 3yo DD. They are slimmer than most places and a lot have adjustable waists. Also find that if you look at the older ranges of clothes it helps (ie the 3-10 range of clothes rather than the 0-5 range) as they haven't been designed with nappies in mind so are narrower.

BabCNesbitt Sun 16-Nov-14 18:13:21

Ah, yes, she's spent half her time outside yanking at the waist of her trousers since she stopped wearing nappies! Thanks for the suggestion (and thanks for suggesting somewhere reasonably affordable! grin)

Jazzhandsrule Sun 16-Nov-14 18:22:58

Mothercare clothes tend to be on the slimmer side.

BikeRunSki Sun 16-Nov-14 18:26:47

H&M. Also for a tall skinny 4 yo, 5 yo, 6 yo... Look in the boys' bit too. They always have coloured skinny jeans,chinos and/or cords in the boys. DS lives in his orange cords when he is not at school.

Tykeisagirl Sun 16-Nov-14 18:30:56

Verbudet do a range of jeans that come in generous, normal and narrow fit waist. They're not the cheapest but they do fit without loads of excess fabric round the bum.

NeverFreezeLobsters Sun 16-Nov-14 18:33:37

H&M as the waistbands are adjustable and the leg lengths are generous - I buy age 4-5 for my tall 3yo.

frignorant Sun 16-Nov-14 18:35:20

Another vote for H&M.

CoconutAmericano Sun 16-Nov-14 18:38:50

Yes h&m are great for tall skinny girls!

SoftSheen Sun 16-Nov-14 18:39:22

My DD (3.8) has the same problem. Boden slim fit jeans/trousers with adjustable waists work well (not the heart patch jeans, which have huge waists). The cord leggings also stay up pretty well.

However we have found it better to mostly use dresses and tights, as they are easier for a young child to manage independently.

TheBiggestDinosaur Sun 16-Nov-14 18:47:58

Vertbaudet are absolutely the best I have found - especially the trousers with adjustable stretchy waistband. The only ones I have ever found where I don't actually have to adjust the waistband, they fit perfectly without any adjustment.
I prefer trousers that just pull up and down, as they are much easier for her to manage independently, rather than fiddling with buttons or poppers.

BabCNesbitt Sun 16-Nov-14 20:32:37

Thanks for all the suggestions! SoftSheen, have you found tights to be warm enough in the winter? (We've been in the US for the last two winters, and her legs would have snapped off if she'd just worn tights!) Do you double-layer or add leggings?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now