Talk

Advanced search

Help me spend £50

(5 Posts)
MrsWildermac Sat 15-Nov-14 21:10:15

Oh wise S&Bers, I need your help. Have recently lost nearly 5st following DD's birth and need a major wardrobe overhaul. Still got nearly a stone to go, but pretty happy where I am just now. Basically need to start from scratch, most of what still fits has holes/doesn't fit right etc etc. Money v tight just now, but it was my birthday this week and IL's gave me £50 so want to start the wardrobe replenish. Got given a beautiful watch by DH and a lovely bag from my family, so got those covered. Last years boots are still fine, and bought a lovely jumper from Kew in TKMaxx a few weeks ago, but need just about everything else. Where should I start? Size 12, 5ft 6, biggish tummy, good legs, unfortunate double chin, so nothing too high neck.

Thanks all flowers

Longleggedlovely Sat 15-Nov-14 21:58:36

I'm getting a lot of wear out of my black skinny jeans, white vest and denim shirt combo at the moment. None of which were expensive, new look jeans and gap shirt (with a code!).

It all depends what your usual style is though, what you do and what you need your clothes to do!

Sparkletastic Sat 15-Nov-14 22:01:42

Yes need to know about more about your lifestyle. Do you need clothes for work or home? Do you like to dress smartly or more casually?

Charity shops could help stretch your £50 a long way.

MrsWildermac Sat 15-Nov-14 22:11:37

Work part time, so mix of smart and casual would be good. Have lived in casual clothes for last year on ML (fat face, white stuff etc), but keen to be smarter. Tend to prefer skirts to trousers. Need a makeover really too, basically feel a bit of a frumpy disaster.

Sadly charity shops around here carry more primary than anything else.

Will have a loom at gap stuff LLL, thanks.

badfurday Sun 16-Nov-14 13:38:55

Try going and trying stuff on you'd never ever consider and see what it looks like. I get sick of wearing the same old things so when I have a bit of money and free time I stay away from my usual things and try something random, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. In a nutshell, think outside the box. Do you have anyone's style you like?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now