Talk

Advanced search

A bootleg jeans appreciation thread!

(22 Posts)
Madaboutthrows Sat 15-Nov-14 17:36:51

What's with all of the bootleg jean hate? Skinnys and other cuts just would not do anything for me so I ask all boot cut jean wearers to stand up and be proud of wearing their boot cuts!

BlessThisMess Sat 15-Nov-14 17:37:52

Yes, me, I love 'em!

Madaboutthrows Sat 15-Nov-14 17:40:11

Thank you!

brandyandsummergloves Sat 15-Nov-14 17:48:38

I love them too! And today I bought some bootleg black trousers for work from Next. They are so much more flattering than the peg-type trouser I've been wearing. Hoorah for bootlegs!

FrugalFashionista Sat 15-Nov-14 18:50:58

I'm in as it is theoretically probably the most flattering and uncomplicated shape for me as it balances out my hips and they are much easier to wear than flares. I can deal with a light taper but peg leg and carrot shaped trews bring out my inner parsnip and the cropped shapes that have been around for a while make me feel like a scarecrow. Skinnies <yawn>

FeckTheMagicDragon Sat 15-Nov-14 18:53:46

Bootcut for me too - i look horrendous in anything else.

Even when I was lanky - I still looked rubbish in skinny jeans and leggings - and I remember the soak in the bath - force your foot through the ankle jeans!

ZingOfSeven Sat 15-Nov-14 19:05:50

Bootcut jeans are the best shape for me.
even my maternity comfy trousers are bootcut.

I don't get "out of fashion" hysteria - I wear what suits me.

MrsMeeple Sat 15-Nov-14 20:33:52

I am hating that my 609s are getting worn, and I can't replace them!! I hate that Levis have changed all their models, and none of the new design boot cuts fit so well. ;(

itsnothingoriginal Sat 15-Nov-14 20:56:35

YY to the bootcut!!

Love them and am really looking forward to their return - hopefully skinny jeans will soon be nothing but a bad memory grin

MicronesiaIsMyHome Sat 15-Nov-14 21:03:18

I love my bootcuts too but I do also quite like my skinnies. I was walking in the rain yesterday wearing my bootcut jeans and tbh my loyalties were towards my skinnies.
Has anyone found any well cut and flattering bootcuts to buy lately?

Spinaroo Sat 15-Nov-14 21:03:33

Love them too smile

Madaboutthrows Sat 15-Nov-14 21:59:45

Glad that there's some boot cut love on MN.

badfurday Sun 16-Nov-14 13:43:10

Me.

I have skinny jeans too but feel I have to wear them as that's all I can find! I don't mind them in the warmer weather because I can just put on some flats or heels with them and they look fine.

In the winter though I like a good boot and they look crap with skinnys, my bootcuts have come out again! Plus I have dreadful legs and look more proportioned in bootcut.

HermioneWeasley Sun 16-Nov-14 14:01:56

Another one here. Terminally pear shaped and happy in my boot cuts.

NeverFreezeLobsters Sun 16-Nov-14 14:48:58

Gap long&lean
MiH Marrakech
And, um, tesco skinny flares grin

NeverFreezeLobsters Sun 16-Nov-14 14:49:48

Posted too soon! Bootcuts suit me, but I struggle with shoes. Skinnies go with more, IMO.

ContentedSidewinder Sun 16-Nov-14 15:48:44

Love my bootcut because they flatter my shape.

I only wear my skinny jeans when I can tuck them into my knee high boots, I look awful wearing them with flats. Literally like a carrot from the waist down. It is not a good look on me.

I learnt a long time ago to wear clothes to hide the worse bits and flatter the best bits and I will stick with that.

Nillia Sun 16-Nov-14 15:57:00

I am a bootcut fan (slim bootcuts) and have continued wearing them for years. I do have slim fits though for tucking into knee high boots.

steppemum Sun 16-Nov-14 16:04:19

I love bootcut.
not only flattering shape on me, but also regular length is long enough, In any other style regular are too short, and not many people do long.

quietbatperson Sun 16-Nov-14 19:40:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BestIsWest Sun 16-Nov-14 19:55:31

Me too. Love M&S narrow boot cuts.

Greengardenpixie Sun 16-Nov-14 20:14:06

I love bootcut jeans and flare ones smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now