Talk

Advanced search

John Lewis Icon List - do you agree / care to add?

(20 Posts)
Marcelinewhyareyousomean Sat 15-Nov-14 12:20:14

1. Liz Earle Superskin Moisturiser with Natural Neroli
2. Molton Brown Orange & Bergamot Hand Wash
3. Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II
4. Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Eau de Toilette
5. Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster
6. OPI Original Nail Envy
7. L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream
8. Philip Kingsley Elasticizer
9. Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick
10. Yves Saint Laurent Fushion Ink Foundation
11. Strengthener Benefit They’re Real! Mascara
12. Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush

The only ones I've tried, I'm meh about. Of all the Liz Earle products, it wouldn't be that one I'd pick as a must have.

Any must haves for people?

Can't link on my tablet, sorry.

Kundry Sat 15-Nov-14 12:22:07

How can a handwash be an icon? It's just a handwash with a bit of fragrance confused also Molton Brown products bring out my ezcema

Marcelinewhyareyousomean Sat 15-Nov-14 12:29:55

My thoughts exactly!

Greengardenpixie Sat 15-Nov-14 12:38:40

Nothing is a must have. There is always something better around the corner imo and tbh, what suits one person doesnt necessarily suit another.

ZaraW Sat 15-Nov-14 12:40:25

Philip Kingsley Elasticizer did nothing for my hair. Coconut oil works much better and so much cheaper.
Clairsonic face brush is brilliant I would not look for an alternative.

Kundry Sat 15-Nov-14 12:46:53

Yes, looking at the other items wouldn't most people pick Cleanse and Polish if they had to pick a Liz Earle product?

And the 'iconic' sonic cleansing brush is Clarisonic as it was the first, the Clinique one is simply a 'me too' also-ran.

No self respecting perfumista would pick Daisy Dream as an icon although the bottle is v pretty.

A few of them are names that do stand out as popular and much recommended products - Elasticizer, Nail Envy, L'Occitane hand cream and the Benefit Mascara. The rest are just products they are hoping to shift for Christmas and make you feel like you are missing out on.

Am fed up of beauty 'icons' and 'cult products' - the market is so busy they are just chucking out new stuff every week.

SuperFlyHigh Sat 15-Nov-14 17:08:19

God no! I hated the Bobbi Brown foundation stick even after buying the new formula!

Daisy Dream is very meh.

benefit they're real is crap according to 2 friends (not me!)

dexter73 Sat 15-Nov-14 17:46:51

The only one I have tried is the LE Superskin and it was horrible, greasy and and smelt strangely fishy.

carrie74 Sat 15-Nov-14 18:07:27

The only ones I've used are definitely ones I buy over and over again: OPI Nail Envy and LOccitane Shea butter hand cream. I'm not a big beauty buff though, so for me all the others are just random names.

CointreauVersial Sat 15-Nov-14 18:19:31

Same as Carrie!

SuperFlyHigh Sat 15-Nov-14 18:39:21

dexter fishy?! Hmmm was it a bad one?

I'm using Burts Bees Radiance right now and it's ok but smells strange too (royal jelly?) got half price in waitrose so can't complain.

dexter73 Sat 15-Nov-14 19:12:55

It definitely smells fishy to me. I smelt in a different store and it still smelt rank.

OttiliaVonBCup Sat 15-Nov-14 19:16:11

The only one I use is the L'Occitane Hand cream.
Which I'm happy the replace with s different hand cream when it's gone.

Marcelinewhyareyousomean Sat 15-Nov-14 19:21:12

I didn't like the Benefit They're Real.

I thought the list looked rubbish and it seems like I'm missing nowt. I think perfume is too personal but otherwise I'd love a proper top 12.

Current Fave Perfume - Liz Earle #15
Concealer - YSL Radiant Touch
Lipstick - Guerlain mirrored nude colour
Eyebrow - 30 Day Sport then Collection 2000 blonde
Eyeliner - C2000 liquid then tightlining
Face - LE Cleanse and Polish and Estee Lauder Foaming Cleaner

Foundation - ?
Mascara - ?
Shower wash ? something with Neroli in?
Moisturiser - Elemis?

Shop Sat 15-Nov-14 19:31:13

The LE moisturiser that smelt fishy (or some people said it did) is the original Superskin. The one on the list is the new one with neroli. I had a sample and really liked it but can hardly be an icon when it's been out about 3 months!

bendyruler Sat 15-Nov-14 19:35:01

I thought it smelt fishy too! It was quite good but the smell just put me off so I didn't buy it again.

SuperFlyHigh Sat 15-Nov-14 19:42:09

Who wants to smell like a fishmongers shop?! confused

Greengardenpixie Sat 15-Nov-14 19:57:40

I have benefit theyre real..the mascara is good. Does lengthen but it can be a bit clumpy.

CecyHall Sat 15-Nov-14 20:00:52

1. Liz Earle Superskin Moisturiser with Natural Neroli- I have never found a Liz Earle product I like
2. Molton Brown Orange & Bergamot Hand Wash- no opinion
3. Estée Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex II- no opinion
4. Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream Eau de Toilette- probably wouldn't choose this but don't care that it's on here if that makes sense
5. Clarins Radiance-Plus Golden Glow Booster- I really wanted to get this in the summer and didn't for various reasons, I might see if I can now
6. OPI Original Nail Envy- meh
7. L’Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream- hate the smell of this, prefer cherry blossom (which others will probably think is horrible!)
8. Philip Kingsley Elasticizer- I do like this and notice a difference when I use it
9. Bobbi Brown Foundation Stick- no opinion
10. Yves Saint Laurent Fushion Ink Foundation- no opinion
11. Strengthener Benefit They’re Real! Mascara- love this
12. Clinique Sonic System Purifying Cleansing Brush- this is quite new too, this is just an advertising thing isn't it otherwise it'd be clarisomic surely

Anyway, that's my tipsy opinions!

VoyagesOfAStarship Sat 15-Nov-14 20:04:43

Oh I thought it was going to be people!

Mine would include:
1. Original vaseline
2. Palmers cocoa butter
3. Lancome juicy tubes
4. Dr Hauschka citroen bad (bath stuff)
5. Clinique black honey sheer lipstick
6. Benefit Brow Zings

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now