Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

38yo face care virgin - help me pop my cherry.

(11 Posts)
GrumpyMoo Sat 15-Nov-14 10:49:11

Right you lot, I need sorting out! Nah, not like that wink I need some help lots of please!

I've just been away on holiday for the 1st time in a million years (no don't feel sorry for me) had a massage (reluctantly. I mean, I've seen me naked and I have no illusions! Thanks kids...) and the woman recommended made me buy some Phytomer products. I was post massage and very dazed, ok?

I have returned with ... Cleansing milk, toning water, vegetal exfoliator and a wrinkle cream thingy. There were other things she said to get but I was starting to wake up and realising that I may need a bank loan to fund my new non-wrinkly face. The face that doesn;t scream "I need a year in a coma to look better half decent ".

Now what the hell do I do with it all! I can honestly say I have never used this sort of thing before cos I don't wear make up and yeah I just usually wash my face in the shower while I wash my hair.

runs away before the shouting starts

Jinglebells99 Sat 15-Nov-14 10:59:34

The therapist must have been rubbing her hands with glee at the commission on all that lot. I only once succumbed to a scented candle of all things which of course I've never used but I think it was a good offer. With that lot, you should cleanse then tone then moisturise, and probably use the exfoliator once a week. I don't bother with all that myself. I use a facial wash and moisturiser.

Kundry Sat 15-Nov-14 12:26:36

Sorry but she saw you coming - cleansing milk and toning water are out of the arc. Would be interested to know what's actually in the exfoliator and wrinkle cream - note, there is no such thing as a wrinkle cream. She hasn't even sold you a facial SPF which is the most anti-ageing thing you can do bar none!

You could have done much better for less than half the money - you should have come here first!

If it makes you feel any better, I've done exactly the same and still have the products hidden at the back of the cupboard to prove it blush

specialsubject Sat 15-Nov-14 13:27:37

another on the 'saw you coming'.

the only 'face care' that is needed is sunscreen. And washing it if you get dirty.

toner does nothing. If you wear makeup, take it off with proper remover. No wrinkle cream works.

GrumpyMoo Tue 18-Nov-14 19:21:02

Oooohhh thanks folks.... see that's what I thought but I was all wibbly-post-massage and then felt a bit like well maybe I need these things... you know how insecure unselfconfident, is that a word? you can get when someone is saying stuff at you! I never used them before as I also think that they are a bit a waste of time and money when soap is not that bad.

Did briefly consider selling them on Ebay but instead I used them last night after agonising over it. Thought what the hell bugger it let's see what the fuss is about...

It was alright and they are meant to be really good ingredients and lots of peeps swear by them. Haven't used the exfoliator yet (maybe tonight?)

That was the one I was really interested in. I do like a nicely exfoliated face wink

Twinklestein Tue 18-Nov-14 19:49:18

I use cleansing milk. I also use alcohol free toner, it can be useful.

Wrinkle cream is just moisturiser, which will definitely help hydrate your skin. And the exfoliant will come in handy - it will take off the dead skin cells.

It's a good brand, I would just enjoy using them.

Although sun damage is the greatest cause of ageing, I've never used SPFs and I'm 44 with no lines. I just don't put my face in the sun and use lots of face oils and good moisturiser. So I don't agree it's the most important thing.

specialsubject Tue 18-Nov-14 21:56:52

Unless you spend all day in the dark or wear a burqa, your face does get some sunlight. And so it should to get vitamin D. Lines or lack of them are due to:

genetics - change parents
sun damage - reduce
smoking - don't
expression - don't have any
ageing - don't, die early

only 2 of those bits of advice are any use. smile

top layer of skin is all dead. Don't try and scrub that off.

the saleslady is selling useless stuff (not a crime) which is harmless (good) for money (not a crime).

GrumpyMoo Wed 19-Nov-14 00:29:52

Thanks special and twinkle this is all new territory to me. The exciting news folks is that I am about to venture Upstairs to try the exfoliator before bed.

Prepare to welcome the New Me tomorrow morning!

Wish me luck

See you all later!

GrumpyMoo Wed 19-Nov-14 23:05:37

OK, so now I look like insert name of famous model type here fabulous! Hardly recognise myself. What wonder products! Rush rush rush out and buy them all!

Oh, ok. I cannot lie, it's still me. Dont go out just yet!

Actually my skin is a bit softer but that's just moisture being added to me desert dry face after a a gazillion years of MUMHood!

Patrickstarisabadbellend Wed 19-Nov-14 23:13:11

Nivea is all you need

GrumpyMoo Thu 20-Nov-14 17:52:03

thought that was love? wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now