Talk

Advanced search

Where to buy wedding underwear?

(13 Posts)
ineedsomeinspiration Fri 14-Nov-14 21:05:54

Just that really, I'd like a bit of a treat. Only have about £100 to spend.

I'm big boobed, size 14-16 so would like something supportive yet sexy if it exists? I'm not wearing white so doesn't need to be white, thought it might be fun to make it my something blue?

Arlagirl Fri 14-Nov-14 21:08:00

Debenhams had some

What bra size, and what neckline is your dress?

dinodiva Sat 15-Nov-14 08:36:19

You can probably get something for that price in Rigby and Peller. That's where I got my wedding underwater from. Just make sure that your husband doesn't wash it on a dark wash so it goes grey...(sigh)

ineedsomeinspiration Sat 15-Nov-14 09:01:29

I am a 36/38dd the dress has square neckline, some cleavage but not really low.x

Hate to ask but have you done the bra intervention or been fitted at bravissimo? Just checking! Square neckline would work really well with some basques and corsets, maybe something like the panache hestia?

Kundry Sat 15-Nov-14 14:59:45

Agree bra intervention ASAP if not done already. Got my strapless bra at Rigby and Peller. If you are a 14-16 and big boobed I can promise you that you are not a 36/38dd and you will look a million times better properly sized.

Can I ask when you are getting married? Just because I did the whole 'lovely wedding lingerie' thing and got married in August on the hottest day of the year. Half of it didn't get worn because it was so sticky already by 9am, and by the time it came to take it off it was peeled off rapidly in the loo instead of the seductive wedding night I'd been dreaming of blush

Kundry Sat 15-Nov-14 15:01:12

To give you an idea of how wrong your size is, I'm a 16 and wear a 34H. Twas amazing when I found out and my waist miraculously appeared shock

Saurus72 Sat 15-Nov-14 15:17:29

Rosie for A

Saurus72 Sat 15-Nov-14 15:19:54

Sorry, stupid iPad lost it and posted randomly. I was going to say Rosie for Autograph, which has some beautiful silk underwear, which is gorgeous but also properly supportive. I love the unpadded bras and matching shorts. Not too ridiculously expensive either.

saintsandpoets Sat 15-Nov-14 15:22:08

I'm eyeing up this stuff atm www.gossard.com/Bridal-Lingerie

ineedsomeinspiration Sat 15-Nov-14 18:00:37

I did try the bra intervention thing but when I went and tried on the size it made me the bra fit awful. Maybe I did it wrong, my boobs are different in shape and size so hard to get an even fit on both. I have a very broad rib cage and shoulders. I was thinking of visiting a bravissimo but live in the middle of nowhere so quite an excursion.
The wedding is just before christmas so hopefully I shouldn't be too hot in anything.

Kundry Sat 15-Nov-14 18:16:19

It is worth going to a Bravissimo or Rigby and Peller - it much easier than estimating yourself and it's positively life changing to see your boobs the way they're meant to be.

Agree at Christmas chances of you melting in the heat are dramatically reduced grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now