Talk

Advanced search

Help me choose a new watch

(6 Posts)
Helenagrace Fri 14-Nov-14 19:48:54

My lovely DH has just landed a new job. We've had a bumpy couple of years with redundancies etc. and to thank me for my support he wants to buy me a new everyday watch. My budget is £150.

My current watch is a ten year old citizen eco drive. I haven't even looked at watches for years. I've had a quick look online tonight and I like the look of Skagen watches. Are they good?

I'm a plus size but my hands and wrists are quite delicate looking (I don't suit big rings or bracelets). My rings are gold and most of my jewellery is too .

Can anyone suggest anything else I should look at? Should I go to a jeweller or somewhere else? I can get into London easily if I need to.

dottytablecloth Fri 14-Nov-14 19:54:55

I've just bought my mum this for Christmas. Maybe it's too sparkly for your taste?

mowglik Fri 14-Nov-14 20:33:50

I like Olivia burton watches, they're quite delicate looking but not too small in size

twistedtime.com/olivia-burton-watch-moulded-bee-black-gold.html

cardamomginger Fri 14-Nov-14 20:39:59

Skagen is lovely. I have 3 - one with mesh bracelet, one with a leather strap and one with a link bracelet. I love them to bits. They are very well made and I think look a lot more expensive than they actually are.

Helenagrace Sat 15-Nov-14 00:50:22

Oooh the Olivia Burton one is pretty Mowglik. The first one is nice too but I'd probably catch the stones all the time.

Inselaffe Sat 15-Nov-14 00:59:41

This is similar to mine but they also do a slightly cheaper version with a leather strap. I think they're great smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now