Talk

Advanced search

Hair colour help!

(5 Posts)
stinkingbishop Fri 14-Nov-14 17:07:52

I've got twins and therefore NO TIME OR MONEY and so gone are the days of sitting at the hairdressers for hours and getting them to dye me hair.

I've got mid brown long hair and want a lovely rich, darkish, glossy chestnut/auburn. I had a quick look in the supermarket at the usual ranges but they all seem a bit pink/burgundy/artificial looking.

Has anyone got any tips? Had any surprisingly successful hair transformations for a tenner?!

flux500 Fri 14-Nov-14 18:18:36

One suggestion is a mobile hair dresser. Much cheaper than salon and you can have the children around. This is how I manage to get my hair done It's still not a tenner though, more like £45 so doesn't really solve that problem hmm

If you have virgin hair though maybe try a gloss colour and something semi perm that needs no ammonia?

Think they just leave a hint of colour and lots of glossiness. No personal experience though sorry.

Milmingebag Fri 14-Nov-14 18:33:55

Country colours highland chestnut will give you that auburn tone and gloss with the horrid burgundy hue. It's about £4. Brilliant stuff.

Another one that turns out a really great chestnut is Castings in shade chocolate brownie.

stinkingbishop Fri 14-Nov-14 21:34:02

Thank you!!!

I will have a search.

stinkingbishop Wed 19-Nov-14 19:08:13

milmingebag just to say I got Highland Chestnut, used it without many disasters - apart from slightly dying the sink but have covered it with the toothbrush holder so no one will ever know smile - and I LOVE IT!

Thank you soooo much for the tip. It's just as you said. Like my own hair, but better. Really glossy warm brown, without any of the weird artificial maroon you seem to get in so many.

I keep stroking it, so lovely is it!

flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now