Talk

Advanced search

Comfortable shoes that are not criminally ugly: plantar fasciitis

(11 Posts)
lambbone Fri 14-Nov-14 14:03:05

Any suggestions?

My heels hurt like buggery and have done for a few months. I'm following the chiropodist's recommendations but no change yet.

I've never been a high heels lover, but complete flats no good at all. And all my mid height heels seem far too hard. And I really don't want to wear Cornish pasties on my feet.

I want to walk on air but mostly just lurch and swear.

TIA

SelfLoathing Fri 14-Nov-14 14:09:50

Sketchers is my best offer.

Russell & Bromley have a good selection of flats with a little flat heel (loafer style) but if you want a bit more cushioning and support a slip on leather shoe is not idea - which is why I suggest sketchers.

Comfortable, supportive flat shoes that are not hideous are rare.

lambbone Fri 14-Nov-14 14:15:27

Thanks - I'll have a look online.

Milmingebag Fri 14-Nov-14 14:34:40

Try Fly London Piat - or other types with the low wedge. It really helps. Also boots with at least an inch block heel (like riding boots) I have found helpful.

warmleatherette Fri 14-Nov-14 14:39:58

Vivo barefoot shows and toe alignment socks helped my plantar fasciitis.

lambbone Fri 14-Nov-14 14:45:45

Just had a look at the Fly London shoes & boots - they look really promising.

lambbone Fri 14-Nov-14 14:48:44

Had a look at the Vivo too - aren't they a bit flat?

Lunastarfish Fri 14-Nov-14 14:54:29

Have you tried Hotter? A lot do look grannified in there but I bought some decent looking ballet pumps. Also check tkmaxx, I found high arch heels lay year which are dreamy

GlaceCherries Fri 14-Nov-14 14:59:32

A bit like Marmite (love or hate the styles), but I have loved several pairs of Camper shoes and they have been the most comfortable shoes I have ever worn. No doubt.

helzapoppin2 Fri 14-Nov-14 15:01:07

Ecco are good for arch support.

lambbone Fri 14-Nov-14 15:25:36

Ooh yes the Campers are nice (well some of them)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now