Talk

Advanced search

Workwear Ladies! Belinda, Remus.. Style Challenge!

(90 Posts)
Littlepinkpear Fri 14-Nov-14 13:13:28

First up an apology, DD2 has been a nightmare for 4 months so I have lurked but not posted in ages. I'm barely hanging in there with tiredness. The joys of the non-sleeper...

I have a challenge for next week. I'm off to a gig in London with some youngsters (all child free), I've got backstage passes and nothing but Uniqlo jumpers and jeans to fit at the moment.

What the heck do you were to a gig these days? My friends were all at the EMAs I'm Glasgow so you appreciate my dilemma smile

BelindaAllWorkedOut Fri 14-Nov-14 14:05:33

Oh God, sleep deprivation is it's own special hell. You have my sympathy, from someone who has been there [fist bump]

Well, I'm not hugely imaginative, but I'd get pleather leggings and a blouse, w some suede or pony skin boots or shoes. I just bought pleather leggings from H&M that I am in love with, from the Divided section for £15. They are cut small, so maybe size up. I also bought the pleather biker jeans. I can't tell you how good I feel in them!

Will be back later to do links, if that sounds like an outfit you would wear?

Littlepinkpear Fri 14-Nov-14 14:39:05

Cheers Belinda. I have no idea why she won't sleep and it's broken this house. I've had to get a cleaner in to help as I'm exhausted by the time the 9am school run is done.

Suede boots I can do (Sam Edelmann Petty's from last year in the wardrobe)

Pleather leggings? I'm not sure as I'm a pear but we've got an H&M in town and a big next that I can try tonight.

A long sleeved, longish blouse would be nice actually.

I'm scared to land in the jeans, top, statement necklace safe zone. I might just look too mumsy.

Why is life so complicated?

I wouldn't wear suede to a gig - sticky floor syndrome!
I'd wear either skinnies and a silk top and a biker jacket, or a short skirt or dress, biker and ankle boots.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Fri 14-Nov-14 15:12:09

The lack of sleep broke this house, too. It's hideous, and I have no idea why the little two (twins) were such awful sleepers, long after their big sister slept through, properly. They are still terrible sleepers and it's life changing, while it goes on.

Anyway, despite the numbers on my tag being different from the link, I think these are the pleather leggings. They fit me better than the TopShop ones, but they are cut small, including on the leg. However, I've been v impressed with the quality for the price, and have stopped thinking about leather leggings (also due to worries as to how I wash them) tablet.hm.com/gb/product/42687?article=42687-B

BelindaAllWorkedOut Fri 14-Nov-14 15:15:49

Here are the bikers that are regular waist and look slightly better, but don't feel as nice on (the leggings feel slightly like fleece in the inside) tablet.hm.com/gb/product/26132?article=26132-A. I have both

BelindaAllWorkedOut Fri 14-Nov-14 15:17:00

For silk shirts, the Uniqlo ones are v good, but they are mostly sold out online. The & Other Stories dark green silk shirt is on my list of things to try on, especially as it's opaque, so you could easily wear it to work #costperwear

BelindaAllWorkedOut Fri 14-Nov-14 15:18:47

I also bought this fab faux fur coat in size 10 a few weeks ago, and love wearing it. It's v big, though, so you need a coat room, as it will take up too much space, otherwise www.warehouse.co.uk/luxe-grey-fur-coat/jackets-&-coats/warehouse/fcp-product/4250004370

Littlepinkpear Fri 14-Nov-14 15:19:19

DD1 slept through from 6 weeks. She now gets up to come through to complain about DD2s noise at 2/3/4am. How I will cope with work in a few months as well I have no idea.

Those trousers look lovely, there are a few longish tops on the H&M website too - here's hoping our crappy H&M have something in stock.

Remus, take your pint about suede and floors/pints smile I have some black Chelsea boots too I might be able to wear.

tights might be pushing things at the moment. I have legs like a yeti!

I just have to get DH, DD2 and me packed and ready for the 7am London flight this week.....

I've been meaning to check this shirt out for absolutely ages, and keep forgetting.

Pretty

Littlepinkpear Fri 14-Nov-14 15:25:42

Ohh that mint velvet top is lovely!

I like that smile

Littlepinkpear Tue 18-Nov-14 10:50:18

Sooo... An update. Your suggestions have been amazing but trip is cancelled hmm

I had winter vomiting last week and DD2 came down with it on Friday night. I've not left the house since then.

I've now got a pot of unspent funds and my Christmas dress is already purchased, so I'm thinking of doing myself a mischief on the Mint Velvet website! grin

Darn kids! I had a dinner in Roka to look forward to. Instead I smell of sick and have a massive cold sore due to being so run down/stress. Got to love a bit of herpes and sickness.

Do they still burn your house down to get rid of stuff like this???

Oh no. sad Hope you're starting to feel better. Link to dress?

NoelleHawthorne Tue 18-Nov-14 18:20:35

i hate my work clothes atm. I think tis partially moving to a very warm room and feeling frumpy in every single skirt i own. Would happily wear black skinnies every day

Littlepinkpear Tue 18-Nov-14 19:35:23

Just feeling sorry for myself!

It's this dress, I got it months ago for £45 in the JL sale. It's dark green and wool & silk. It was £185 originally I think. It's also massive so a 10 fits me really nicely. It's a very Christmas green!

dress

My sister came up trumps with a whistles bag for my birthday too. bag

I have lots of black shoes, so just going to throw on some black courts.

I like! Lovely bag too.

BelindaAllWorkedOut Tue 18-Nov-14 20:17:01

What's wrong with your skirts, Noelle? You wear pencils, don't you? Carine Roitfeld lives in them and looks fab. Do you have nice shirts you can slightly unbutton, without it being cleavage a-go-go?

pinkpear - oh god, small children and vomiting. Mountains of sympathy from me. At least you have a gorgeous dress and fab bag to look forward to using? Roka will wait for you...

BelindaAllWorkedOut Tue 18-Nov-14 20:18:21

Want a cheap thrill? The Maybelline Color Drama lip pencils are awesome. A Nars velvet lip pencil dupe, but for £5 each, PLUS they are on a 3 for 2 at Boots. I bought Red Essential and Keep It Classy. Rich, slightly matte colour, but moisturising and long lasting.

Have just had a small pay rise and want a party dress. Don't want to spend a lot though. Anybody seen anything nice, at M&S/Oasis prices? I like shortish, maybe red, or maybe lace.

Littlepinkpear Tue 18-Nov-14 20:21:35

The bag is a cracker. Very simple but looks really nice with anything. Thinking of getting another!

Talking of frumpy work clothes,have just bought a Boden dress. Is this the beginning of the end?

BelindaAllWorkedOut Tue 18-Nov-14 20:22:37

This looks good in real life www.zara.com/uk/en/woman/dresses/sequinned-dress-c269185p2327074.html

BelindaAllWorkedOut Tue 18-Nov-14 20:23:39

I like how the Boden dresses look (which is why I blog them) - good fabrics, flattering shapes. I'm looking forward to their next season's shoes, too. I loathe the prints, though, by and large.

The print of mine is v v inoffensive. Love that Zara dress in theory, but far too blingy for me. Shape is v good.

Littlepinkpear Tue 18-Nov-14 20:29:54

I liked this one from my last visit to oasis dress

They also had a red lace one but it was tomato red and not deep red. Is tomato to vivid?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now