Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Desert Boots with a skirt??

(5 Posts)
MoHintawnFein Fri 14-Nov-14 11:46:49

Style gurus I need your advice. I got a very nice pair of desert boots (dark brown) and they're comfy and so far I have worn them with a pair of boyfriend jeans but what else can I wear with them? Can I - and if so how do I- wear them with a skirt?? I have fairly slim legs but am north of 40. I wear a-line skirts mostly (hourglass-ish figure) Help!!

Sonotkylie Fri 14-Nov-14 11:50:02

I wear mine with a shortish casual pencil skirt and thick tights, with jumper on top. V stylish mum at school wears hers with thick tights and knee length flippy skirt or dresses. I like both! We are definitely both (well) over 40!

Greengardenpixie Fri 14-Nov-14 11:51:29

I would only wear those type of boots with a short skirt tbh...that is above the knee. The shorter the distance between the boot and your skirt the clumpier they will look in my experience and tends to shorten the leg and make you look dumpy. If you wear them with a skirt it would have to be something that is above the knee to look ok personally. Try it out and see how it looks as it will vary depending upon your shape and height.

tanya1010 Mon 17-Nov-14 22:38:40

I fully agree Greengarde. You need a gap between top of boots and skirt. Defo needs to be a shortish skirt

burnishedsilver Mon 17-Nov-14 23:05:44

I'd stick with trousers tbh.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now