Talk

Advanced search

Would anyone like to help me find a winter wedding outfit please?

(14 Posts)
AdamantEve Fri 14-Nov-14 08:56:04

Hmm, what do people wear to winter weddings? I normally wear a dress with bare legs and flat sandals (don't do heels, ever) but sandals would not be appropriate for January.

Can anyone suggest anything please?
Pics included of my body shape if that helps, I'm about a size 12 and am 5'10. Still carrying extra baby weight on stomach so can't wear anything clingy!

I can't check back until later, so if anyone replies, I'll be back as soon as I can. Thank you smile

tethersend Fri 14-Nov-14 12:02:08

You've got a great figure, so am going to ignore the nothing clingy bit.

How about something like this with tan shoes and clutch and gold drop earrings? Or this with silver or bright coloured accessories? Would you consider heels or do you want flats?

tethersend Fri 14-Nov-14 12:02:30

What's your budget and favourite colours?

AdamantEve Fri 14-Nov-14 12:31:14

Budget is up to and around £100.
I love navy, burgundy/wine colours and erm, grey (bit boring but it suits me?)
Is black a no no for weddings? I do like black.

I really like the first dress you linked to but then I saw the drapey bit at the back and that put me off it fussy
I think the snake print dress is a bit busy for me, I prefer plain things usually. Grey and plain, how exciting my wardrobe is!

Can I wear a dress with tights and ballet flats and make it look smart enough for a wedding? I really can't wear heels.

Thank you for the help so far!

nottheOP Fri 14-Nov-14 13:08:51

I like these shoes www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Aldo+Perli+Ballerina+Shoes/198724974,default,pd.html

and think they would work with a grey dress and then a pink coverup/jacket/cardi/pashmina

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Coast+Lori+lee+lace+short+petite/204470843,default,pd.html

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/Kaliko+Bead+and+lace+prom+dress/201222924,default,pd.html

www.houseoffraser.co.uk/HotSquash+Clever+knee+length+dress/195837419,default,pd.html

tethersend Fri 14-Nov-14 13:11:06

Any good?

nottheOP Fri 14-Nov-14 13:12:54

I like that one Tethers!

tethersend Fri 14-Nov-14 13:27:03

blue asos

tethersend Fri 14-Nov-14 13:28:17

lacy

tethersend Fri 14-Nov-14 13:31:45

this would be great with a faux fur shrug

tethersend Fri 14-Nov-14 13:33:04

If you'd feel comfortable in black, this is gorgeous.

tethersend Fri 14-Nov-14 13:34:40

Do you suit dark green? I love this...

tethersend Fri 14-Nov-14 13:37:04

I'd get some shoes like this

AdamantEve Fri 14-Nov-14 14:06:54

Oh Tethers you're good at this! I'm very very tempted by the red long sleeved house of Fraser dress - that is definitely a front runner I think. I also really like the green dress, I don't think I've ever worn green but I do think that would suit me.
I have some black pointed flats with subtle beading on them that I think might work. I'm quite excited now with all these new options!

NottheOP - the grey Coast dress you linked to is gorgeous and I'm actually wearing that in navy as a bridesmaid next summer!

Thank you for all these great ideas!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now