Talk

Advanced search

I have fifty quid to spend in House of Fraser

(21 Posts)
MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Thu 13-Nov-14 20:39:58

And I can't find any bloody thing I want to spend the money on.

I like stuff like Joules and Crew Clothing and Barbour and stuff like that. I can't find much I really want to spend the money on that isn't vastly overpriced to begin with and will mean I've got to spend a lot of money to save the fifty quid.

Birthday gift vouchers. I'm not being ungrateful but I don't know what to buy. I don't want to waste them but it's a lot harder than I thought. I don't usually shop there.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Thu 13-Nov-14 20:42:47

I like Emma Bridgewater kitchen stuff but they don't seem to have a lot in.

I'd love a Kitchenaid food mixer but I'd have to spend approx £380 beforehand to save £50.

I have scoured the website.

I'm going to end up using them to buy christmas stuff for the dcs at this rate.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Thu 13-Nov-14 20:44:19

Jesus christ. I've just clicked on womens tops and there are 7207 to choose from. I'm not that desperate to spend them.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Thu 13-Nov-14 21:02:33

Anyone? Help!

mowglik Thu 13-Nov-14 21:13:23

Sell the vouchers on eBay!

GingerLemonTea Thu 13-Nov-14 21:19:53

There's a nice Calvin Klein denim shirt for close to that. Can't link just now.

Littlemoocow Thu 13-Nov-14 21:22:04

Make up?

MrsLettuce Thu 13-Nov-14 21:26:46

Nah, spend it on stuff for the DC for Christmas thus 'converting' it to cold hard cash for your good self. Job done.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Thu 13-Nov-14 21:29:39

I think I'm going to have to do just that.

I feel really guilty now. I thanked the giver profusely and said how lovely it would be to put it towards something nice. blush

MegCleary Thu 13-Nov-14 21:34:43

I bought a posh umbrella, something I would never spend "money" on but as a treat as a gift voucher intended, lovely.

SunnyUpNorth Thu 13-Nov-14 21:42:05

I love receiving vouchers and then always end up with some kind of voucher paralysis! I find them so hard to spend but still often ask for them.

It feels wasteful not to spend them on one nice item that seems worthwhile but inevitably I end up buying something for the kids or putting money towards them to buy something else.

Could get: underwear, perfume, skincare, make up, shoes, bed linen, new towels...

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Thu 13-Nov-14 21:42:33

Is a posh umbrella better than a normal umbella? grin

I have just put a hole in mine with a broken strut.

MrsLettuce Thu 13-Nov-14 21:47:07

A sturdy, well made umbrella is certainly A Good Thing.

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Thu 13-Nov-14 21:47:09

I know exactly what you mean. There's probably lots of lovely stuff but nothing that I want to sacrifice precious birthday vouchers on.

MegCleary Thu 13-Nov-14 21:56:11

I bought a lulu Guiness one it is beautiful, and cheers me in the rain

ReinholdMessner Thu 13-Nov-14 22:34:21

I'd spend it at a beauty counter.

burnishedsilver Thu 13-Nov-14 22:49:30

I don't understand how you can't find anything. There are so many brands on the website and lots of reduced items. I bet if you give your size shape and colouring you'll get plenty of suggestions.

calzone Thu 13-Nov-14 22:53:43

Perfume
Jewellery
Pair of shoes
smilesmile

CurlyWurlyCake Thu 13-Nov-14 22:59:12

Lovely warm tights or underwear.

I love HOF and have regular work vouchers for them.

Click on clearance/sale, select size etc and then price low to high. You WILL find something lovely.

Gingefringe Thu 13-Nov-14 23:36:33

Doesn't have to be clothing - suggest handbag, purse, scarf, make-up, perfume, underwear, watch, sunglasses - i could spend that much very easily!

MsAdorabelleDearheartVonLipwig Fri 14-Nov-14 12:13:59

There is lots of lovely stuff but I really don't need any more clothes or shoes. I've got new boots, I bought myself a new raincoat and I've also had a new handbag this year. I don't need any more perfume. I guess I could treat myself to some nice pyjamas and underwear. Or a fabulous umbrella. I'll keep looking, I've got two years to spend them. grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now