Talk

Advanced search

what do think coat for teen dd ?

(8 Posts)
oncearedstar Thu 13-Nov-14 18:40:24

www.laredoute.co.uk/hooded-coat-with-faux-fur-hood/prod-324496366-409414.aspx
My dd who is 17 has seen this coat and likes the style but dd, dsis and i cannot work out if the coat looks nice because of model and i would look frumpy in reality or in actual fact it would suit dd ?
an experience of la redoute sizing would be helpful also, thanks also what colour would you choose ?

forgivenminds Thu 13-Nov-14 18:58:06

I like the navy its classic but it depends what youre dd likes

burnishedsilver Thu 13-Nov-14 19:48:48

100% polyester would suggest that it's not great irl.

My 17yr old DD said ok but not her style.

New Look have some nice coats usually get DD from there and they have 25% voucher

Or H&M

forgivenminds Thu 13-Nov-14 20:14:08

Never find new look great quality and the hand m coats round here are so popular dont think dd is keen to have a coat which every second girl is wearing

forgivenminds Fri 14-Nov-14 06:30:52

Sorry stopped posting half way through I meant to say my dd wouldn't be comfortable wearing a coat from popular stores like h and m have you checked zara they have some nice ones in classic styles

velourvoyageur Fri 14-Nov-14 08:09:04

If she likes it, that means it's nice for her, so objectively it's nice.

I am 21 and would not wear it because I think it does look frumpy and I personally care about not looking frumpy smile
Also when I've tried la Redoute in the past the fit wasn't very 'young' IFYSWIM so didn't end up wearing stuff from there. If she just vaguely likes certain features then she could find those in more trendy versions, if that's important to her. Woolen parka-style coats for example.

My rule of thumb is, the more simple the better. Especially with coats which you only have one or two of (usually, at 17) and which need to complement different style skirts, trousers, shoes etc.

I second Zara, my coat this year is from there and I love it. Think they've really got it right with 'outerwear' this year. God I can't wait for the sales!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now