Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Blusher/anti redness - pink skin

(19 Posts)
DreadfulSpiller Thu 13-Nov-14 16:28:56

I've got red hair, and as I get older, my skin gets 'ruddier', not attractive. Any recommendations of what kind of blusher would flatter and also products that really work in bringing down redness? Many thanks

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 13-Nov-14 17:15:37

Revlon colour stay for foundation and bare minerals bisque to cancel out redness. Blusher-seventeen stamp blusher in bashful or seventeen bronzer in instant glow.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 13-Nov-14 17:16:28

What's your skin care routine? Double cleansing really helped my redness.

pinkfrocks Thu 13-Nov-14 18:19:00

Any chance you might have mild rosacea?
Redness is usually broken veins ( which can be zapped) or a skin condition.
Are you using a high SPF daily because redness can also be sun damage.

I agree that you need a foundation that will cover the redness first - Clinique have some good ones and even do a 'redness' skin care range, then use a small amount of blusher- I like Bobbi Brown powder blusher but there cream blushers are nice too and so are Cliniques.

Would you go along to the counters for a make over perhaps?

DreadfulSpiller Thu 13-Nov-14 19:04:26

Thanks both. My skin is dreadful at the moment, but I'm approaching 40, have a toddler (and an older dd) and also my parents have the same 'high' colouring, think its just bad genes tbh, rather than any condition.

Ill look into all of those suggestions. Do you have experience of the Clinique anti redness line? I've been to counters/space nk etc in the past many times for make up, but not really covered anti redness with them so will investigate. Tbh, the vast majority of beauty counters just haven't 'got' my colouring, red hair and pink skin just isn't what they see day in day out (and the counter girls NEVER have this combo wink), so I never feel that inspired by what they recommend, they just always look a bit puzzled and bring out the bronzer and jet black mascara (I've also got 'no' eyelashes /brows to their horror!). Any stylish, make up savvy red heads out there?smile

DreadfulSpiller Thu 13-Nov-14 19:07:41

Sorry Dame, wear high SPF 6 months of the year I guess, the rest of the time just 15/20, prob a good idea to up it tbh as I'd burn in minutes any time of the year! Haven't tried double cleansing, but think I will, it seems to get the MN S&B thumbs up time and time again.

AWholeLottaNosy Thu 13-Nov-14 19:11:20

I've got similar colouring to you and I use Vichy Dermablend to cover the red bits on cheeks and chin and a lighter foundation on the rest of my skin. Works for me, and I've tried a lot of products over the years!

DreadfulSpiller Thu 13-Nov-14 19:12:50

Thanks WholeLotta!

AWholeLottaNosy Thu 13-Nov-14 19:13:11

Sorry, that was foundation advice, not blusher. My blusher is Bourjois Cream Blush No 2.

AWholeLottaNosy Thu 13-Nov-14 19:16:29

One more thing, have you had your colours done? Wearing the wrong colours with your colouring can make a big difference to how your skin tone looks. Black, grey, pink etc looks really wrong with colouring like yours whereas wearing softer, warmer colours like green, brown, coral, brown, turquoise etc makes you look much healthier. smile

gaggiagirl Thu 13-Nov-14 19:19:51

I can second Vichy dermablend fluid. I use opal it's their lightest I think. Careful though a little goes a long way. I also use a green corrector concealer stick.
I don't use publisher but use bronzer to contour. Blusher defeats the object for me.

DreadfulSpiller Thu 13-Nov-14 19:20:00

Thanks for colours hints, haven't had them done and don't know too MUXH about it tbh. I wear grey ans navy a lot ... Prob right about the grey ...

DreadfulSpiller Thu 13-Nov-14 19:20:16

Thanks for colours hints, haven't had them done and don't know too MUXH about it tbh. I wear grey ans navy a lot ... Prob right about the grey ...

gaggiagirl Thu 13-Nov-14 19:20:20

Blusher not publisher blush

AWholeLottaNosy Thu 13-Nov-14 19:24:31

Def get your colours done! I did it ten years ago and it changed my life. I used to wear black all the time. It's so draining. Wearing the right colours makes a massive difference to how your skin tone looks and will make you look less ruddy. It's a really worthwhile investment I promise you!

AWholeLottaNosy Thu 13-Nov-14 19:28:05

This link may help you...

www.thechicfashionista.com/autumn-color-analysis.html

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 13-Nov-14 19:47:18

I'm using the body shop's Camomile cleansing balm which is fantastic, really calmed my inherited redness down (thanks family!hmm )

MakeMeWarmThisWinter Thu 13-Nov-14 19:48:52

I've always had redness in my face and wearing a high daily SPF has really helped, by far the best thing for my skin. If I go out without it I notice the redness creeping back.

And a good rich moisturiser to stop irritation. And obviously a good foundation!

DreadfulSpiller Thu 13-Nov-14 21:16:03

Apologies for all the typos, blimmin' phone ... Fantastic recommendations, thank you to all you fellow red of face ladiesshock

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now