Talk

Advanced search

So apparently these are perfect for me....

(18 Posts)
honeypie10 Thu 13-Nov-14 14:30:35

Just on Dressipi again and looking to see what will suit my shape this week....

was offered these.

Knee length pale pink satin shorts in size 14/16 will suit my 5 foot 5 short stumpy frame. Really??

Mrsgrumble Thu 13-Nov-14 14:31:48

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

honeypie10 Thu 13-Nov-14 14:39:00

I don't think pale pink satin can ever look good on anyone over the age of 5.

Why would they think this is a good look for Topshop?

hellsbellsmelons Thu 13-Nov-14 16:21:42

Oh my! That is all.

TimeForAnotherNameChange Thu 13-Nov-14 16:23:20

Classy!

Skinheadmermaid Thu 13-Nov-14 19:10:42

They look like what women in 1925 wore for bed.

dexter73 Thu 13-Nov-14 19:37:13

If you look at them on the Topshop website, they have put a lovely top with them hmm!

NewEraNewMindset Thu 13-Nov-14 19:42:19

I can remember TopShop from my youth, when it was a bog standard High Street shop with affordable clothing in it. I walked into a branch a few years back and just laughed my ass off. The price of a scrap of cloth with no tailoring, no lining, synthetic material -£50, wtf?? I think it's turned into the Emporer's New Clothes Emporium and those satin pink culottes only serve to prove that.

honeypie10 Fri 14-Nov-14 14:04:35

Dexter Oh my... the top.

are they on acid?

And yep newera totally agree. Ive not been in the shop for around 10 years but go online now and then and am shocked at the prices. Bought a jumper from there last year, jewels around the neckline and hand wash only.

Lasted 2 washes before it went the charity shop, bobbled like mad whenever i wore a coat over it! £48 i paid for the priviledge!

JamaicanMeCrazy Fri 14-Nov-14 14:23:00

Ugh thats awful confused

The only thing from topshop I ever buy is their jeans as they are nice and stretchy and last well. I hate basically everything else in the shop though, it's all high fashion crap hmm

lougle Fri 14-Nov-14 14:46:59

Oh no, the side seams! It looks like the lining for a garment not yet made.

velourvoyageur Fri 14-Nov-14 15:22:08

oh dear confused grin

were they not called bloomers in another epoch?

oh I see they're calling them culottes! I used to wear those in reception.

I think satin can look maybe nice if there are no loose threads and it's properly soft and a dark colour. Perhaps.

is it just me or is Topshop not as good as it was? I read somewhere it used to be untrendy/a bit dire in the 90s, so maybe it's going full circle....(no offense if anyone shops there, I do too!)

velourvoyageur Fri 14-Nov-14 15:23:22

oh gosh, cross post with just about everyone talking about Topshop, sorry!

I think they can afford to be a bit crap with some things cos they change designs on the shop floor quite often. And there's always sales on the website.

KikitheKitKat Fri 14-Nov-14 19:10:07

Ha ha! I'm off to Dressipi to see what wonders I get offered.

honeypie10 Fri 14-Nov-14 19:44:14

kikithekitkat Do share the delights you are offered.

Today I was offered a maternity dress hmm confused, maybe they know something I dont?

Karbea Fri 14-Nov-14 20:05:18

How about this for the 41 year old me :/

honeypie10 Fri 14-Nov-14 21:15:58

I especially like this comment karbea -

"This is the highest neckline you can wear as the glimpse of your collar bones draws the eye in and away from your shoulders."

Nothing about the dress looking like shite so it will draw attention away from your face and most likely have you sectioned if you wore it out in public?

The fact its also £29 has also not escaped me either hmm

Clarabumps Fri 14-Nov-14 21:19:36

oh dear fuck no...thank god you're not seriously considering it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now