Advanced search

Non-hideous Christmas jumper

(31 Posts)
MrsNuckyThompson Thu 13-Nov-14 11:42:11

I have a few charity things coming up where I'm volunteering at various Christmas events. I'd like to get a Christmassy jumper to wear (they are either outdoor or during-the-day non-dressy events) but so many of them are just grim.

Have you seen anything nice? I am big boobed, so would prefer a scoop or v-neck if poss...

Sonotkylie Thu 13-Nov-14 13:44:42

I'm not sure there is any such thing as a non-hideous Christmas jumper. And as for scoop or v neck ...( I have the same issues). But have you looked at Beyond Retro which has a large selection of vintage Christmas jumpers, including waiscoats, which might tick the v neck box. They are quite full on though ...

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Thu 13-Nov-14 13:51:55

my mum just brought this one from monsoon. im sure she said it was on sale though so might be worth checking in store first.,mon_1.6/6431397912

I thought the point of Christmas jumpers was to be hideous though and a bit of fun.

any here, some look like they have lower necklines,default,sc.html#,default,sc.html

BopToTheTop Thu 13-Nov-14 13:57:05

Next have some in that are fairly subtle, they aren't the cheapest though (I brought 3 yesterday and the total was £91)
However if your going to get use out of it with a few events then you may be willing to spend a bit more smile

toptrumps1 Thu 13-Nov-14 14:00:38

If you mean a Christmas jumper with a blatent festive picture on it, like a reindeer or snowman, then there is no such thing as non-hideous. They are meant to be tacky and worn with a sense of humour and a huge dollop or irony. I hate them, but having said that, M&S have a couple of ones I would half consider, there's a white one with sequin red bows and a greyish sweatshirt with silver snowflakes on that look passable.....

More tastefully, how about a nordic style one, the ones with a fairisle or snowflake-y type pattern across the shoulders? Of something in a plain knit with a subtle sequins dotted over? I know M&S definitely did something like this last year in quite a few colours.

Up the budget, White Company usually do a good line in tasteful sparkle. I think theres 30% off at the moment too....

toptrumps1 Thu 13-Nov-14 14:02:05

Those ASDA ones are great, and for charity. I quite like the black with the reindeer or the baby penguin!

SadSetter Thu 13-Nov-14 14:05:00

I just came on to say asda. The Christmas pudding one is fine material as well, so good with boobage.

MrsNuckyThompson Thu 13-Nov-14 14:34:16

Thanks all! Off to investigate!!

bigTillyMint Thu 13-Nov-14 14:45:52

I thought Christmas jumpers are meant to look hideous like a Christmas jumper - who wants a tasteful one? It just makes you look like you think they are fashionable, IYSWIMgrin

MrsNuckyThompson Thu 13-Nov-14 16:02:55

You mean they're not fashionable?!?!?

hellsbellsmelons Thu 13-Nov-14 16:16:34

Is something like THIS Christmassy enough?
They are lovely and fluffy.

MrsNuckyThompson Fri 14-Nov-14 12:04:29

hellsbells - not sure it is christmassy enough sadly!! I think I am going to compromise and go for one hideous cheapy and one fairisle!

spiderlight Fri 14-Nov-14 14:56:34

I quite like this one blush

smoothieooo Fri 14-Nov-14 15:00:51

I saw one in TKMaxx (no pic sadly) and it was the most tasteful Christmas jumper I've seen and now I regret not buying it. It was cream coloured, wool/cotton blend and just had, in plain black lettering, a list of the names of all the reindeer. It was dead classy compared to some of the flashing polyester monstrosities I've seen grin.

46direct Fri 14-Nov-14 17:41:36

candykane25 Fri 14-Nov-14 17:54:09

Topshop do a nice range of more glam Christmas jumpers and you can get last years half price on EBay.
But tacky is good when it comes to Christmas jumpers.

MrsJacksonAvery Fri 14-Nov-14 18:26:15

I too am big-boobed and have been looking for a Christmas cardigan but struggling. Anyone seen any?

Greengardenpixie Fri 14-Nov-14 18:30:01

So hiddeous sorry. I would go fairisle. Fine for a charity thing i suppose but thats about it. Im old enough to remember the repeat patterns of the sweater shop. OMG do i regret those photos. Dont do it..or at least dont get photographed!!! I had sheep on mine..hiddeous truly!

AllMimsyWereTheBorogoves Fri 14-Nov-14 18:32:34

I know there are no natural fibres in this but I like it.

AllMimsyWereTheBorogoves Fri 14-Nov-14 18:33:12

Oops, linked to the children's version but there is an adult woman's version too.

MuttonCadet Fri 14-Nov-14 18:35:22

What about this one

KikitheKitKat Fri 14-Nov-14 19:04:30

My friend bought this one from Next and it's lovely.

candykane25 Fri 14-Nov-14 20:18:20

MrsJackson Primark had a cream black and red cardigan with reindeer and fair isle in lambswool, a bought one a few weeks ago, it's very a vintage Doris Day type thingy.

slippermaiden Fri 14-Nov-14 20:20:59

Primark has a lovely cardigan that looks a bit Nordic. Really nice, and £14

member Fri 14-Nov-14 20:30:33

Get a v/scoop neck jumper you like and stick these on for the festive season

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now