Talk

Advanced search

Non-hideous Christmas jumper

(31 Posts)
MrsNuckyThompson Thu 13-Nov-14 11:42:11

I have a few charity things coming up where I'm volunteering at various Christmas events. I'd like to get a Christmassy jumper to wear (they are either outdoor or during-the-day non-dressy events) but so many of them are just grim.

Have you seen anything nice? I am big boobed, so would prefer a scoop or v-neck if poss...

Sonotkylie Thu 13-Nov-14 13:44:42

I'm not sure there is any such thing as a non-hideous Christmas jumper. And as for scoop or v neck ...( I have the same issues). But have you looked at Beyond Retro which has a large selection of vintage Christmas jumpers, including waiscoats, which might tick the v neck box. They are quite full on though ...

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Thu 13-Nov-14 13:51:55

my mum just brought this one from monsoon. im sure she said it was on sale though so might be worth checking in store first. uk.monsoon.co.uk/view/product/uk_catalog/mon_1,mon_1.6/6431397912

I thought the point of Christmas jumpers was to be hideous though and a bit of fun.

any here, some look like they have lower necklines direct.asda.com/george/christmas-shop/women/D18M6G1C1,default,sc.html#http://direct.asda.com/george/christmas-shop/women/D18M6G1C1,default,sc.html

BopToTheTop Thu 13-Nov-14 13:57:05

Next have some in that are fairly subtle, they aren't the cheapest though (I brought 3 yesterday and the total was £91)
However if your going to get use out of it with a few events then you may be willing to spend a bit more smile

toptrumps1 Thu 13-Nov-14 14:00:38

If you mean a Christmas jumper with a blatent festive picture on it, like a reindeer or snowman, then there is no such thing as non-hideous. They are meant to be tacky and worn with a sense of humour and a huge dollop or irony. I hate them, but having said that, M&S have a couple of ones I would half consider, there's a white one with sequin red bows and a greyish sweatshirt with silver snowflakes on that look passable.....

More tastefully, how about a nordic style one, the ones with a fairisle or snowflake-y type pattern across the shoulders? Of something in a plain knit with a subtle sequins dotted over? I know M&S definitely did something like this last year in quite a few colours.

Up the budget, White Company usually do a good line in tasteful sparkle. I think theres 30% off at the moment too....

toptrumps1 Thu 13-Nov-14 14:02:05

Those ASDA ones are great, and for charity. I quite like the black with the reindeer or the baby penguin!

SadSetter Thu 13-Nov-14 14:05:00

I just came on to say asda. The Christmas pudding one is fine material as well, so good with boobage.

MrsNuckyThompson Thu 13-Nov-14 14:34:16

Thanks all! Off to investigate!!

bigTillyMint Thu 13-Nov-14 14:45:52

I thought Christmas jumpers are meant to look hideous like a Christmas jumper - who wants a tasteful one? It just makes you look like you think they are fashionable, IYSWIMgrin

MrsNuckyThompson Thu 13-Nov-14 16:02:55

You mean they're not fashionable?!?!?

hellsbellsmelons Thu 13-Nov-14 16:16:34

Is something like THIS Christmassy enough?
They are lovely and fluffy.

MrsNuckyThompson Fri 14-Nov-14 12:04:29

hellsbells - not sure it is christmassy enough sadly!! I think I am going to compromise and go for one hideous cheapy and one fairisle!

spiderlight Fri 14-Nov-14 14:56:34

I quite like this one blush

smoothieooo Fri 14-Nov-14 15:00:51

I saw one in TKMaxx (no pic sadly) and it was the most tasteful Christmas jumper I've seen and now I regret not buying it. It was cream coloured, wool/cotton blend and just had, in plain black lettering, a list of the names of all the reindeer. It was dead classy compared to some of the flashing polyester monstrosities I've seen grin.

46direct Fri 14-Nov-14 17:41:36

pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=261598948504&alt=web

candykane25 Fri 14-Nov-14 17:54:09

Topshop do a nice range of more glam Christmas jumpers and you can get last years half price on EBay.
But tacky is good when it comes to Christmas jumpers.

MrsJacksonAvery Fri 14-Nov-14 18:26:15

I too am big-boobed and have been looking for a Christmas cardigan but struggling. Anyone seen any?

Greengardenpixie Fri 14-Nov-14 18:30:01

So hiddeous sorry. I would go fairisle. Fine for a charity thing i suppose but thats about it. Im old enough to remember the repeat patterns of the sweater shop. OMG do i regret those photos. Dont do it..or at least dont get photographed!!! I had sheep on mine..hiddeous truly!

AllMimsyWereTheBorogoves Fri 14-Nov-14 18:32:34

I know there are no natural fibres in this but I like it.

AllMimsyWereTheBorogoves Fri 14-Nov-14 18:33:12

Oops, linked to the children's version but there is an adult woman's version too.

MuttonCadet Fri 14-Nov-14 18:35:22

What about this one

KikitheKitKat Fri 14-Nov-14 19:04:30

My friend bought this one from Next and it's lovely.

candykane25 Fri 14-Nov-14 20:18:20

MrsJackson Primark had a cream black and red cardigan with reindeer and fair isle in lambswool, a bought one a few weeks ago, it's very a vintage Doris Day type thingy.

slippermaiden Fri 14-Nov-14 20:20:59

Primark has a lovely cardigan that looks a bit Nordic. Really nice, and £14

member Fri 14-Nov-14 20:30:33

Get a v/scoop neck jumper you like and stick these on for the festive season

www.asos.com/Gifts/Festive-Ugly-Christmas-Jumper-Patches-x10/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4393723&cid=9085&sh=0&pge=3&pgesize=36&sort=-1&clr=Multi&totalstyles=150&gridsize=3

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now