Talk

Advanced search

A-line dresses and skirts

(9 Posts)
MrsDesperado Thu 13-Nov-14 08:55:13

I'm looking for some above the knee, possibly wool, a-line dresses and/or skirts that I can wear with tights and boots. I think they can give a really flattering shape.

I saw someone at the weekend wearing a dark blue possibly wool dress, it had elbow length sleeves and looked very simple but lovely on.

I've seen a nice skirt in oasis (sorry about link am on phone)

http://m.oasis-stores.com/the-marley-skirt/skirts/oasis/fcp-product/3440101500

But I don't like the fake leather bits and I'm not sure of the colour.

Where are all the nice skirts and dresses? Needs to be fairly relaxed, certainly not formal in style.

Thanks in advance.

MrsDesperado Fri 14-Nov-14 22:48:52

Bumping

Is no one wearing a-line?

Greengardenpixie Fri 14-Nov-14 22:52:14

Well it always gets a bad press on here, but white stuff have lots of A-line skirts. Have a look on their website. I actually love lots of things on there.

www.whitestuff.com/womens/skirts/

Greengardenpixie Fri 14-Nov-14 22:56:42

That other skirt is really short!! I like the tartan but i dont like where it falls on the model because of its shortness tbh.
Boden also do some sweet A-line skirts...but not as short as the one you have posted but still worth a look:

www.boden.co.uk/en-GB/Womens-Skirts/WG549/Womens-Lois-Skirt.html

MrsDesperado Fri 14-Nov-14 23:20:18

I like the shortness! Otherwise it's a bit frumpy, no?

I like the boden ones, but they'd be better if they were above the knee rather than on. Not keen on the white stuff ones, sorry.

lurkingaround Fri 14-Nov-14 23:33:03

Have you had a look at Cos? Worth a browse.

Greengardenpixie Sat 15-Nov-14 00:05:16

The boden ones do come in a variety of lengths. It depends upon how tall you are. I agree that some a-line skirts can look a bit frumpy. Certainly not below the knee. For me at 5ft 5 i tend to wear anything from 18 inches - 21 inches. If you are young and like to wear them short..go for it!

xNix1 Sat 15-Nov-14 12:17:43

I have this one in mint Perhaps more skater then A line but I love it.

Floisme Sat 15-Nov-14 14:08:17

Have you tried Hobbs? I've not looked recently but they certainly used to do an A-Line, above-the-knee, wool skirt year after year. Not cheap but very good quality and they may have them on their outlet website.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now