Talk

Advanced search

GHD Hairdryer

(11 Posts)
JEMISMYNAME Wed 12-Nov-14 23:27:35

Hi Ladies
I am hoping to buy a new hairdryer and wanted to know if anyone would recommend the GHD Aura or GHD Air hairdryer. They are expensive so was hoping for a recommendation or reasons not to buy. Hope you can help. Thanks

velourvoyageur Thu 13-Nov-14 06:44:02

I would love one of these also, but I wonder if they're like straighteners (GHDs being better than any others) or if all hairdryers are a bit the same....

is a GHD one better than a Parlux, anyone?

Hitmonlee Thu 13-Nov-14 10:07:42

I have the Aura. It's amazing. I have really thick hair that used to take an hour to dry and straighten it now takes 20 minutes.

My hair feels really smooth and shiny too.

Stupidhead Thu 13-Nov-14 10:15:41

I think I have the Air one, it was a present. I also have very thick hair and it dries it in about 20 mins but it's very heavy, surprisingly so.

I still need the GHDs at the back though.

elfofftheshelf Thu 13-Nov-14 15:12:07

I use the GHD Aura at my gym, and they are good, but I find my own Parlux at home is better (and was recommended by a hairdresser friend).

Coumarin Thu 13-Nov-14 15:58:24

I was eyeing one up yesterday. I think I was drawn in by the gorgeous colours tbh but I am curious if they're worth the price tag. I'm a huge fan of GHD straighteners. Hmm, tempted.

Coumarin Thu 13-Nov-14 15:59:06

Is the Aura heavy?

Degustibusnonestdisputandem Thu 13-Nov-14 16:00:45

I have a T3 featherweight, it's still going strong after 8 years, & is fantastic grin It dries my hair really quickly, & without trashing it.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 13-Nov-14 17:12:52

Parlux , you need a parlux!

Coumarin Thu 13-Nov-14 18:48:29

Which one Dame? Do they do pretty colours too?

HelpMeGetOutOfHere Thu 13-Nov-14 18:50:44

I have a ghd one. Not sure on the model but it's got the iridescent trim on it. It's fab. I also have an older parlux and I prefer the ghd. My hair is definitely less frizzy now with the ghd.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now