Talk

Advanced search

Shampoo help please!

(4 Posts)
MargotThreadbetter Wed 12-Nov-14 22:43:38

Hi ladies, my mum has been having chemo for nearly 2 years, and miraculously she's managed to keep most of her hair.
However it's really thinning and her scalp is starting to show a bit.
She loves the Naked range volumising shampoo, but can't find it anywhere lately. Boots always used to stock it, but not any more it seems.
So would you please keep an eye out for me and let me know if you see it anywhere? Or if you have a bottle that you're not using could I buy it from you? I'm trying to keep her stocked up! smile

SelfLoathing Wed 12-Nov-14 23:05:19

>>her scalp is starting to show a bit.

This may not work depending on her hair colour and how much scalp is showing, but have a look at this product which you can buy in the UK on amazon. It's a sort of hair powder (bit like eyeshadow that sticks to hair) designed to cover gray hairs.

www.colorwowhair.com/us/products.html

The only reason I suggest it is a friend of mine has a slightly thining/receding hair line and she uses this product on her scalp to "fill in the blanks" as it were. It works really well for her as she is dark and her hair dresser had tested the various colours on her so she got an exact match for her hair. She was raving about it and it definitely makes her hair look thicker at the front in her receding patches.

The colour match is key though and may not work if have a lot of hair loss.

All the best to your mum with her chemo and for recovery.

MargotThreadbetter Wed 12-Nov-14 23:33:23

Thanks Self - those products look great <adds to own shopping list> but mum is now grey as she's not allowed to colour it so probably not right for her unfortunately.
Thanks also for your good wishes.

not a shampoo, more of a treatment that is designed for horses to rebuild bald patches where saddles have rubbed hair away, sounds crazy I know but it is ok for human use too and really has strengthened my hair. here

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now