Talk

Advanced search

Three litres of water a day

(32 Posts)
LovleyRitaMeterMaid Wed 12-Nov-14 22:20:18

I stumbled across this article, originally published in the daily mail, about a woman who drank 3 litres of water a day and the benefits she noticed.

I started on Monday and my skin feels better already, I think. I'm taking snaps of myself to see if I can see any improvement.

Does anyone drink this much? It's quite an effort for me.

LovleyRitaMeterMaid Wed 12-Nov-14 22:21:21

www.unbelievable-facts.com/2014/08/this-woman-drinks-3-litres-of-water.html

Lottapianos Wed 12-Nov-14 22:22:23

Gosh that really is a lot. I drink about 2 litres a day and can't imagine another litre on top of that. Wouldn't be without my 2 litres though - makes me look and feel a thousand times better than the days when I was a coffee addict

LovleyRitaMeterMaid Wed 12-Nov-14 22:29:34

That's what prompted me to give it a go because there were days I'd get home from work and realise that I've drank nothing but coffee!

QueenQueenie Wed 12-Nov-14 23:07:04

I do this and I feel so much better for it. My skin is fab (modest) and I have lots of energy.

Eliza22 Thu 13-Nov-14 09:01:48

Oh no, I couldn't physically drink that amount. And I'd never be away from the bathroom! I don't measure the water I drink....I just do it throughout the day.

LovleyRitaMeterMaid Thu 13-Nov-14 10:53:00

Peeing about six times a day!

PeppermintInfusion Thu 13-Nov-14 11:05:06

I did this last year, trying to get back into it now. It really does make a difference, and you only pee more for the first few days then your body seems to get used to it

Reiltin Thu 13-Nov-14 11:10:27

Somebody had a formula for how much water you should drink in a day - apparently it's related to your weight. I'm quite overweight so I was told I should drink 3.6 litres each day!!! Never happened, but I did start drinking 2.5-3l each day & I did feel good on it. But it took a lot of effort grin

LovleyRitaMeterMaid Thu 13-Nov-14 11:17:15

I downloaded an that told me I should drink 3350 mls a day. I'll aim for 3is and not worry about the 350 mls!

Chandon Thu 13-Nov-14 15:07:19

nonsense

drinking more water than you need has no benefits.

You piss a lot.

You lose more minerals etc. as a result.

But really, this is just a nonsense thing some women do.

IMnotmedicallyqualifiedO wink

specialsubject Thu 13-Nov-14 15:24:27

she's probably eating less, and perhaps sleeping better - look at the week by week photos and you can see how retouched the 'after' photo is.

DidoTheDodo Thu 13-Nov-14 15:25:32

Just make a lot of piss.

The 8 glasses stuff was a marketing campaign. No evidence to suggest any real benefit.

Just make sure your urine is the colour pale straw and you'll be right.

Bunbaker Thu 13-Nov-14 15:29:10

This is a load of bunkum and has been proved that it is a myth. Drink lots of water if you want or don't.

I lifted this from the NHS website:

"The European Food Safety Authority recommends that women should drink about 1.6 litres of fluid and men should drink about 2.0 litres of fluid per day. That's about eight glasses of 200ml each for a woman, and 10 glasses of 200ml each for a man."

And this:

"All drinks count, including hot drinks such as tea and coffee, but water, milk and fruit juices are the healthiest. It is best to avoid alcoholic drinks."

CalamityKate1 Fri 14-Nov-14 15:02:59

Yeah it's pretty much rubbish as far as I can see.

If your wee is nice and pale you're drinking enough. If you drink more, your wee will get more and more diluted/paler because guess what? What you don't need is being wee'ed out!

netty36 Fri 14-Nov-14 15:42:13

I did it based on that article and my skin was clear as a bell, my bloating stopped and I felt a lot better...

Comito Fri 14-Nov-14 15:50:45

I drink about three litres a day but my office is quite dry and I find it helps with dry skin. I also like it, find it much more refreshing than tea or coffee.

DidoTheDodo Fri 14-Nov-14 15:51:18

How about the deaths that occurred because of people taking ecstasy, who then drank too much water?

It is possible to affect the homeostasis of the body with anything, including water.

LovleyRitaMeterMaid Fri 14-Nov-14 15:53:48

So how much water is too much?

I'm drinking 2l of actual water, then my 4 cups of tea/coffee see me up to 3l.

DidoTheDodo Fri 14-Nov-14 15:55:04

What colour is your urine? That's usually the deciding factor (as you might be very sweaty and losing water that way too) (Not that I'm saying you are!)

Bunbaker Fri 14-Nov-14 15:58:14

I don't drink three litres a day and I have clear, even tempered skin.

LovleyRitaMeterMaid Fri 14-Nov-14 16:00:46

Pale yellow

LovleyRitaMeterMaid Fri 14-Nov-14 16:01:20

I have awful skin and am noticing improvements

angeltulips Fri 14-Nov-14 16:02:24

I drink 2l a day but also drink 4-5 cups of herbal tea (peppermint or ginger) so that takes me up to about 3l. I look dried out and feel headachey if I don't drink that much. But I do work in an office so lots of aircon etc

DidoTheDodo Fri 14-Nov-14 16:37:35

Pale yellow is the right colour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now