Talk

Advanced search

Cleansing the neck

(8 Posts)
BOFster Wed 12-Nov-14 20:59:25

I seem to have rather grimy-looking grey ring lines on my neck, like a forlorn child in a Dickens novel, and nothing seems to shift them. Is there a secret? I know the skin can be delicate on the neck, so I'm reluctant to scrub at it with a nailbrush, tempting though it is.

What should I be using?

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 12-Nov-14 22:28:05

Mine gets the same treatment as my face - face wash in the shower in the morning, liz earle cleanse and polish before bed.

I have a line around my neck as you describe, but it doesn't look dirty, its just a line. I think grin

BOFster Wed 12-Nov-14 22:35:16

I do the Liz Earle as well, and another posh one which I'm eking out from last Christmas, but they don't seem to be cutting it. I'm sure I read once in a magazine (when I was a teenager and didn't need it) that there was some kind of yoghurty paste thing you could apply. But I'm sure things have moved on grin.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 12-Nov-14 22:41:08

Mmm cheesy neck ring. Yum! grin

BOFster Wed 12-Nov-14 22:59:31

Quite grin

mowglik Thu 13-Nov-14 07:39:52

I would try an exfoliating treatment - I used to use something which had lactic acid in it, I think it was buttermilk, as a face mask. Also I hear papaya is a good exfoliater. If you can't be bothered with the faff of using natural products ( I can't anymore!) or don't want to smell like a hippy then try using a cream with glycolic acid in it..
I've never checked out my neck before, another thing to get obsessed about!

Bonsoir Thu 13-Nov-14 07:41:19

I use a Clarisonic on my face and neck - I think it's brilliant.

hugoagogo Thu 13-Nov-14 07:53:59

My DM gets this sometimes and uses a face pack to get rid, I think a clay type?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now