Talk

Advanced search

Help please - wedding ring too big

(14 Posts)
ClaudiaNaughton Wed 12-Nov-14 15:46:54

Apart from having this resized at jeweller is there any kind of gadget I could use to make it smaller? Was my mother's so wanted to keep it as is.

chipsandpeas Wed 12-Nov-14 15:51:12

what about something like www.amazon.co.uk/Pack-Invisible-Ring-Size-Adjusters/dp/B0014QP93W

WerewolfBarMitzvah Wed 12-Nov-14 19:47:35

Can you put a smaller/more snug ring in front of it?

KatherinaMinola Wed 12-Nov-14 19:49:55

Yes, I'd go for that solution.

Bear in mind that it's cold now, and your hands will swell up in the summer, so get it re-sized in the summer if at all.

ClaudiaNaughton Thu 13-Nov-14 21:16:37

Thanks will try these suggestions. Have wrapped round some Elastoplast at the back. Not a good look!

MrsLettuce Thu 13-Nov-14 21:54:36

Cake. Plenty of cake. That'll sort it.

aylesburyduck Thu 13-Nov-14 23:17:12

I am sure I read somewhere that the Duchess of Cambridge had tiny bumps of gold put on the inside of her engagement ring to resize it. You can also get similar ring resizers to the the ones linked up thread in gold. Can't do a link as I am on the app but good old Google will have assist grin

ClaudiaNaughton Fri 14-Nov-14 07:32:26

Mrs Lettuce Yes, that would definitely do the trick. Been trying to avoid cake grin
Aylesburyduck love the blobs of gold idea. Shall go and pester the jeweller about that.
Thanks everyone.flowers

burnishedsilver Fri 14-Nov-14 08:22:55

My sister did the blobs of gold. They worked but they irritated her finger. (She's a bit delicate admittedly)

rubybleu Fri 14-Nov-14 09:02:47

I've got blobs/knobs of gold in my very new (7 day old) engagement ring. They annoyed me for about 4 days and since then, I haven't had a problem. My fingers seem to shrink dramatically in the cold and the blobs stop it falling over the knuckle.

Kate Middleton would have gotten them as her engagement ring is quite top-heavy and it would have otherwise kept sliding to the side. They are really good for keeping solitaire stones upright.

ClaudetteWyms Fri 14-Nov-14 10:24:14

Watching with interest as I have this problem as well, mine flies off when I load the washing machine etc. and I am terrified of losing it!

ClaudiaNaughton Fri 14-Nov-14 12:23:56

Went to jeweller and they told me the blobs are done often on rings with stones but they hadn't done it ever on thin wedding rings. I was measured and ring was 2 sizes too big so getting it downsized.
Claudette I panicked as I came back from gym and found it had disappeared. Frantic telephone calls but really no hope. I tipped out my bag and discovered it. It must have come off when I went into it for something. I feel very,very lucky. Don't take a chance.

cowbiscuits74 Fri 14-Nov-14 14:32:50

I had mine fitted retrospectively on both engagement and wedding rings as fingers shrink dramatically when in a climate colder than where we live.

It was fairly inexpensive, I could feel them for a few days and then not at all.

I think it is a great solution as gives you reassurance and flexibility for climate changes and weight fluctuations

ClaudiaNaughton Fri 21-Nov-14 13:35:22

Just collected "blobbed" ring from jeweller. Delighted with it and thanks for advice everyone.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now