Talk

Advanced search

I've lost weight and bought a sparkly dress...what to wear with it!!

(12 Posts)
findingherfeet Wed 12-Nov-14 10:58:17

http://www.clothingattesco.com/dresses/f+f-textured-sparkle-dress/invt/bd424391

Not sure if this link will work but I'm wondering whether I can wear tights with this or will it look a bit...drab?

Also shoes! I want to wear heels but I've not really worn heels since my kids have been born (eldest is 3) I'm not sure I'm up to dancing in sky scrapers...could I get away with kitten heels, black? Or am I going to look like I'm going to a sparkly funeral....!?

marymcb Wed 12-Nov-14 12:15:27

I would wear nude tights and shoes with personality (i.e. not black shoes you'd wear to a job interview), with this dress. Depends on your personality but when I wear a black dress for evening I like to wear colourful shoes, e.g. gold or bright blue or something. I also think black patent shoes look good for a sophisticated evening look.

Heel height wise, as long as you feel like you're wearing glamorous shoes that make you feel fab then the height of the heel doesn't matter. There's nothing more unglamorous than being unable to walk in heels that are far too high!

SuperFlyHigh Wed 12-Nov-14 13:41:00

nude shimmery or sheeny tights I'd wear...

I agree with marymcb - wear a nice colour (depends what you like) and heels that you can walk in!

nottheOP Wed 12-Nov-14 14:29:03

I'd probably wear black tights and shoe boots that I could walk in or nude tights and pointy toed heels if I didn't need to do as much walking.

marymcb Wed 12-Nov-14 16:45:52

Forgot to say, Congratulations on the weight loss!

findingherfeet Wed 12-Nov-14 21:07:47

Thank you for your advice! How exciting I'm off to google fancy pointy kitten heels!!

nottheOP Thu 13-Nov-14 08:59:17

www.asos.com/london-rebel/london-rebel-pointed-kitten-heel-slipper-shoe/prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=4068732&clr=Burgundy&SearchQuery=kitten+heel&pgesize=12&pge=1&totalstyles=12&gridsize=3&gridrow=3&gridcolumn=3

dinodiva Thu 13-Nov-14 13:00:53

With a dress like that I'd wear a brightly coloured pair of tights to de-funeralise the black.

findingherfeet Thu 13-Nov-14 21:15:48

Think I'm going to go for shoe boots (warmer haha) but also less officey looking and a big statement necklace :-)

fairylightsintheloft Thu 13-Nov-14 23:15:17

definitely heels and definitely in a bright colour. Have a great time and congrats on the weight loss x

coffeenut Fri 14-Nov-14 00:36:41

I love this dress. Have been looking for one like it for a while. Unfortunately Tesco doesnt ship to my country. Wah!
Love the idea of shoe boots and a statement necklace. Have fun!

NoelleHawthorne Fri 14-Nov-14 07:52:33

I like that dress

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now