Talk

Advanced search

Pastel gray hair

(9 Posts)
Bluegill Wed 12-Nov-14 09:02:55

Anyone had it or know how it's done? My friend had it a few years ago and said it washes out but surely there must be a permanent colour? I'll find a photo.

Bluegill Wed 12-Nov-14 09:09:33

Like this

CMOTDibbler Wed 12-Nov-14 09:10:53

You bleach it to white, and then use one of the Manic Panic pastel shades (which are semis)

Honeydragon Wed 12-Nov-14 09:11:37

You need to bleach the crap out of it, then use Wella silver lady toner. Your hair needs to be really pale though (inside of a banana skin) if it's yellowy you'll get a blue hue when you put the toner on it.

Bluegill Wed 12-Nov-14 09:17:35

That doesn't sound very healthy. So it's a toner rather than an actual permanent colour. I better steer clear.

mowglik Wed 12-Nov-14 09:56:47

I love this hair colour and really wanted it but the bleaching would kill your hair and also I don't think it would suit my skin tone :/

Honeydragon Wed 12-Nov-14 10:00:03

The toner sticks so it's fairly permanent, but is a lot of upkeep with dilver shampoos and conditioners. I've just dyed my hair silver, knowing the effort maintaining it will be.

I've a thread further down S&B with good tips on it.

Bluegill Wed 12-Nov-14 11:22:21

I've contacted my hair dresser. It's not the end of the world if it doesn't work. I love the look and I'm going for it smile

Honeydragon Wed 12-Nov-14 12:43:27

Brilliant. I think it's a fab look too hope you love it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now