Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Best skincare for teen with sensitive skin

(10 Posts)
homebythesea Wed 12-Nov-14 08:10:02

My teen DD is keen to start a proper skincare routine but past experience tells us she has got quite sensitive skin- any recommendations on what she could try?

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 12-Nov-14 08:42:39

The aloe range from The Body Shop is very gentle.

crazygirluk Wed 12-Nov-14 08:52:08

Cetaphil is excellent. It cleared up my problem skin brilliantly and I've never had a bad reaction to it.

muphys Wed 12-Nov-14 09:42:02

I second the Cetaphil range. It may be different there, but ds has the Cetaphil moisturizing cleanser and then he uses Nutraderm moisturizer afterwards. I have used it myself, it really makes skin feel lovely after.

GraduallyGoneInsane Wed 12-Nov-14 10:07:25

My DDs have sensitive skin, DD2 in particular. We started off with the Simple range - just the gentle face wash and the moisturiser as toner was too much for her. We plumped for simple because she's used their suncream without problems.

Over the summer she tried out Liz Earle, which also worked well for her. She's away at full time dance school now though and living in the college halls so has gone back to Simple for budget reasons!!

freshlysharpenedpencils Wed 12-Nov-14 10:12:54

I would say try 'Simple' - or a moisturising soap.

I would steer clear of too many products and any chemicals. When I was young the thing to do was to use Clearasil and Oxy and all those - and it made my face blow up with spots and irritation. I have incredibly sensitive skin and I have used Imperial leather soap my entire life and am complimented regularly on my skin and thought to be younger. I use a thin nivea moisturiser and that Apricot exfoliator occasionally. I recently got sold into a range of expensive stuff, cleanser, toner etc - and within a week - face full of spots. I don't believe these products are needed. My mum is the same, always used Imperial Leather soap and she looks a decade younger, no spots, no oil.

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 12-Nov-14 10:54:38

Simple burns my sensitive skin-so use with caution.

Superdrug do a good dupe of Liz Earle, much cheaper and I actually prefer it.

homebythesea Wed 12-Nov-14 11:52:32

Thanks all - lots to look out for. DameDiazepam is that the Superdrug Vit E range? I think I have read somewhere else it is like Liz Earle

avagosling Wed 12-Nov-14 16:20:49

Or you can just try some naturals oils for cleansing, mix some castor oil with jojoba, I prefer this to any store bought hot cloth cleansers, and I've tried many!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 13-Nov-14 07:23:56

There is a vitamin E one OP but the one like Liz Earle is called skin brightening iirc and is in a light green box with a muslin cloth.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now