Talk

Advanced search

Shockingly bad purchases - please share your stories!

(5 Posts)
Notcontent Tue 11-Nov-14 22:18:56

In the last couple of years I have been a lot more careful about trying to buy only things that I love or need. But I am not immune to mistakes. On the weekend I was at a shop buying some pyjamas for dd, and I noticed they had a "free gift" if you spent over a certain amount. So I bought a terribly overpriced t-shirt for myself to get the "free" gift (i.e. Cheap tat). Fortunately I came to my senses yesterday and took it back for a refund. But it was a close call...

Share your stories to make me feel better!

AddToBasket Tue 11-Nov-14 22:23:07

The creative writing software that cost £250, then required two trips across town to a warehouse that then charged me £30 VAT for coming in from the States. Then the software doesn't work on my computer - never, ever worked. The company that makes it does spam me twice a day though, so that's something.

r2d2ismyidealman Tue 11-Nov-14 22:27:17

I too have tried to cut back in the same ways but Internet shopping is my downfall. If it's in my house but isn't quite right in likely to keep it. I have just decided not to buy any new skirts dresses or trousers for the next year so as to avoid this trap.

zippyandbungle Tue 11-Nov-14 22:28:58

Not style or beauty but a few wasted groupon and the like. I should by now be proficient in salsa dancing, spent a night ghost hunting, flown a plane, all of which lay expired in my inbox.

MargotLovedTom Tue 11-Nov-14 22:31:13

I wasted a small fortune on eBay, I think I was hooked on the excitement of the bidding. I barely wear any of the stuff but I'm too sheepish about it all to get rid blush.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now