Talk

Advanced search

Nails wrecked after gel polish - how to repair?

(7 Posts)
theladylovescupcakes Tue 11-Nov-14 14:57:26

I peeled the polish off, so all my own fault. They're covered in tiny white marks and I think some areas are missing the top layer blush. How can I sort this out and get them back into decent condition? Thanks in advance.

Lottapianos Tue 11-Nov-14 15:02:13

Don't know about gel polish specifically, but mine were in a right state from constant regular polish - weak, tips were peeling, cuticles really dried out. I completely left them alone for a week - no cutting, filing, buffing, no polish - and applied hand cream 3-4 times a day, as well as rubbing Vaseline into nails and cuticles at least twice a day. They looked loads better after a week. Then I cut then short and started over.

Dumpylump Tue 11-Nov-14 15:04:25

CND Solar Oil. A couple of drops massaged into your nail and cuticle once or twice a day will help no end.

hollyisalovelyname Tue 11-Nov-14 16:34:17

Rub in Vaseline each night.

redredread Tue 11-Nov-14 19:36:27

Osp nail envy is a good strengthener. I've done the same peel off myself, and it won't take too long for your nails to recover, given some tlc

Athrawes Tue 11-Nov-14 21:47:16

You have to wait for the nail to grow out and so need to nourish the new nail as it comes through. Rub in almond oil every night (body shop do a pen applicator thingy) and take a nail and hair supplement. This latter is the only thing that has made any real difference to my nails - feeding them whilst they are still growing.

itsbetterthanabox Thu 13-Nov-14 22:26:53

Keep them short. File with a glass file in one direction.
Use cuticle oil multiple times a day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now